Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

I dont see why after beating 12 bums, people are more excited than when Audley had beaten 12 bums.

Joshua looks like he has the tools, but he needs to step up and fighting next a 34 year old whose lost 4 out of his last 5 fights certainly isnt a step up in my eyes.

I dont see why after beating 12 bums, people are more excited than when Audley had beaten 12 bums.

Joshua looks like he has the tools, but he needs to step up and fighting next a 34 year old whose lost 4 out of his last 5 fights certainly isnt a step up in my eyes.

Read my post right above yours. And then watch the video from about half way through. Even when Joshua was an amateur bout 4-5 years ago he sparred with Tyson fury. Fury admitted that Joshua gave him an absolute beating...

Read my post right above yours. And then watch the video from about half way through. Even when Joshua was an amateur bout 4-5 years ago he sparred with Tyson fury. Fury admitted that Joshua gave him an absolute beating...

I like Tyson Fury, he's very entertaining but I dont think giving him a beating really means that much especially in sparring.

Dont get me wrong, he appears to have the tools but until he actually shows it against someone of some substance, the jury is out.

Wasn't everyone equally as excited when Audley did it? Yeah sometimes people flatter to deceive but so what? How often do we have a heavyweight prospect with this much potential? He still has a lot to prove but I think he'll prove it, end of the day he doesn't decide who he fights, all he can do is beat what's put in front of him.

Wasn't everyone equally as excited when Audley did it? Yeah sometimes people flatter to deceive but so what? How often do we have a heavyweight prospect with this much potential? He still has a lot to prove but I think he'll prove it, end of the day he doesn't decide who he fights, all he can do is beat what's put in front of him.

Audley was over 10 years older than Josua when he started his pro career and I don't think many people got overly excited about him, I certainly didn't. 25 is young for a heavyweight so why rush him into bigger fights, especially when the division is clogged up with bums and old men.

Audley was over 10 years older than Josua when he started his pro career and I don't think many people got overly excited about him, I certainly didn't. 25 is young for a heavyweight so why rush him into bigger fights, especially when the division is clogged up with bums and old men.

Main reason for me is when you hit a certain level of opponent, the bouts become very infrequent. 25 is young and he's still raw. But that potential will never be realised unless he starts fighting quality now.

12 fights is enough. We know he can knock out journeymen with no real problem. He needs to show now that he can live in a different category.

As has been said, he can only fight who is put in front of him but he can certainly push the agenda.

Bum and Old men........sounds like we both have a chance

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to have some boxing on a Friday, Khan on points but credit to Algieri always comes to fight and has heart of a lion.

Surprisingly not too bad a card tonight from Hearn, expect early nights for Brook and Aj. The others could be tasty scraps..shame I won't be watching as it's never a box office event.

Gutted to hear Eamon Magee Jr stabbed to death last night, had a big future ahead.

Nice to have some boxing on a Friday, Khan on points but credit to Algieri always comes to fight and has heart of a lion.

Surprisingly not too bad a card tonight from Hearn, expect early nights for Brook and Aj. The others could be tasty scraps..shame I won't be watching as it's never a box office event.

Gutted to hear Eamon Magee Jr stabbed to death last night, had a big future ahead.

I'm gonna watch it, four decent fights on a card for a PPV isn't a common occurrence.

In fact I'm gonna do precious little today besides watch sport.

Yes the Scotty Cardle fight! Think they usually start at 7pm over here but it's a pretty stacked card tonight.

Yeah I didn't order off box office, found a link online too, the Mrs is quite happy about it as she gets to watch her reality rubbish on the telly

Paid for it and have missed most of this one as something came up just after. Have to nip out soon for about an hour. Would you Adam n Eve it.

Hoping to be back for Selby, Mitchell, Joshua and Brook. Will have to catch up on owt I miss on replays tomorrow.

Any ideas what time the Joshua fight is?

Around 10pm

Mitchell fight will be a good one before it though I should imagine. Got KO written all over it one way or the other (it'll go to points now)

Edited by Manwell Pablo