Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

So.... Tyson fury turns up to his press conference dressed as batman a deranged Micky Mouse and has a staged fight with the joker.

Oh dear. :D

2CACB6B500000578-3246215-Fury_challenges

What an embarrassment. I feel ashamed to be British when I see this. I genuinely feel Fury is bricking it and knows he's got no chance of winning. All these antics are to sell tickets and PPV subscriptions so he makes enough money to quit and retire his fat ass. I'd love to see Klitchko lose but I'd much rather see Joshua steal his crown than Pikey Fury. He has no class and it seriously out of his depth. Klitchko will knock his block off.

• Like 2

Gutted! Was really looking forward to that fight.

Wasn't one of Furys fights postponed in the past because his opponent (was it Chisora?) pulled out with injury?

Although on the other hand I guess I'd rather this happen than some bullshit excuse after the fight that 'my toe was broken' or 'I injured my shoulder in training'.

I just hope it does get rearranged and does happen in the future.

Fury has had so many fights cancelled. He must have wasted so much time and money on training camps.

To be honest, I really dont get peoples animosity towards him. I want to hear boxers trash talking, and the Batman thing was great I thought. The sport has become incredibly sterile with people like Wlad and Mayweather sucking the sport dry of anything remotely entertaining.

Boxing needs people like Tyson Fury and if you look past the stunts and the trash talk, he does have some talent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Completely broke apparantly.

The sad thing is, he might get another big payday but he'll blow it all again.

The bloke is a fvcking idiot.

Had to sell his boxing ring and gym didn't he?

Can see a couple of big pay days, possibly like a Dillian Whyte pending the state of him once Joshua has finished with him.

Even if he fancies going back to cruiser weight Tony Bellew has said he wants that fight, but he's a bigger twat than Haye!

Some good fights coming up, anybody fancy Martin Murray this weekend against Abraham?

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Abraham is very old now, can see Murray doing him.

Can't believe Hearn has put Joshua v White on PPV, is anyone really going to shell out 20 quid for that?

Abraham is very old now, can see Murray doing him.

Can't believe Hearn has put Joshua v White on PPV, is anyone really going to shell out 20 quid for that?

Murray carried pretty much zero power at MW, Not much chance of him carrying it to SMW. Expect Abraham to win a fairly easy decision much like v Smith. 4/5 a gift from the gods on AA. 

Going to end up being a lifelong nearly man like one of his enemies Macklin.

Murray flashed a bit of power in his last fight, obviously a huge step up here but I don't see him stopping Abraham anyway, he's going to have to keep his early pace up through enough rounds to try and get a decision.

I've given up betting on German based fights anyway, only so many times I can be ****ed over by incompetent judges.

Murray flashed a bit of power in his last fight, obviously a huge step up here but I don't see him stopping Abraham anyway, he's going to have to keep his early pace up through enough rounds to try and get a decision.

I've given up betting on German based fights anyway, only so many times I can be ****ed over by incompetent judges.

Yeah betting on fighters on foreign soil is tough. I'd argue it is just as bad in the UK if not worse though. Sadly so much of the sport is still so corrupt/incompetent whether it be judging, officiating or governing bodies. 

My biggest gripe with the sport however is partly to do with what you just touched on with Joshua being box office. Poor cards largely full of mismatches or fights of little consequence. Matchroom hugely guilty of this but while people keep going through the turnstiles for it and paying for shit PPV cards (of which im guilty) it'll never change.