Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Yea Hatton signed him in the summer and has made some bold shouts about him

He boxes out of Northampton

Greenacres is a rough old spot as well so would be good to see it get some positive vibes

Much tougher crowd than up Justin park

Did you hear the house builder on the airfield site offered them £2.5m to move off greenacres !

Really??? They don't exactly need the money though...

8 years ago this weekend since Hatton fought Mayweather in Vegas. How time flies. A great fight and Hatton wobbled him a few times but Mayweathers class shone through in the end. Hatton was great and imagine taking 10,000 fans there, just incredible. Remember him swearing in the weigh in and getting carried away with it all. "There's only one Ricky Hatton"...

8 years ago this weekend since Hatton fought Mayweather in Vegas. How time flies. A great fight and Hatton wobbled him a few times but Mayweathers class shone through in the end. Hatton was great and imagine taking 10,000 fans there, just incredible. Remember him swearing in the weigh in and getting carried away with it all. "There's only one Ricky Hatton"...

Hatton's tactics that night were spot on. Unfortunately the ref wouldnt allow him to operate (for some reason....).

I think if the referee wasnt following an agenda and instead let Ricky do his thing, there'd be a '1' in Floyds loss column.

That doesn't seem that long ago, weekends don't get much better than that, it was my first trip to Vegas and my first big fight. Knew it was going to be mental when we arrived and some Manc had scaled a lampost with a Union Flag and was having beer bottles chucked up at him while the coppers were just stood at the bottom witing for him to come down so they could nick him.

The aggro after was serious though, it's still the first time in MGM history they stopped serving alcohol in the hotel, tables were going over, scrapping everywhere lol

The anthem booing was the loudest I've ever heard, the Yanks were fuming.

Edited by MattP

What time is the fight?

I'd imagine 10 - 11.

Very good undercard, actually quite excited for the whole night of boxing, not sorted where or how i'm watching, despite the undercard looking good/being excited not sure i'm gonna pay for box office, I'm a huge fan of Joshua, he's a massive prospect and it's a big night but it's not worthy of box office, yet.

I'm on the piss tomorrow (day) so i'll either stumble into a pub that's got it on or come home and get it on a stream.

Edit - According to The Mirror ringwalks are expected at 10.45pm.

Edited by Matt

Have to disagree with the people saying it's a good undercard (for a pay per view), it's fairly mismatched from top to bottom and is a typical card from Hearn knowing that it will make thousands just because a few big names on show.

It would have been a decent enough event for a Saturday night on SkySports but not for an extra £20

Give me a stacked card of unknown boxers in genuine 50/50 fights anyday.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

If u can still watch Benn v Gerarld McClelland watch THAT....one of the great fights ever

Its on YouTube. Also the documentary 'Fight of their lives' is on there too. Incredible battle and atmosphere, that fight had it all. Benn called it his 'rocky' fight. If McClellan hadn't sustained the injuries that he did no doubt he would have become one of the greats, awesome boxer.