Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

typical, no wonder fury is the only British boxer you support

No seen About 50+ large pro cards in last 10 years

Saw Ricky in Vegas

I like Eubank Jnr

Frampton looks special

But fury I believe is our only true super champion that's not retired

Went to watch Monroe a few times what a fantastic story that was

Oh pipe down, you're up Fury's arse because he's a tiny bit Irish and that's it.

He's a ****, every normal person in the world knows he's a ****. Most of the country dislike him because he's a ****, not because THE MEDIA are telling them to.

He's an alright boxer, beating a declining Wlad is still an achievement - albeit not one that makes him a legend.

He'll hold the title for a bit, get beaten, vanish back in to obscurity and be forgotten again in a few years time. Genuine superstar? Have words.

Oh and anyone getting upset by the press coverage regards Joshua is being a moron, I'm sorry. The press exist to sell stories and right now Joshua vs Fury is the ultimate in good guy vs bad guy stories. Of course they're going to spend the next few years rimming Joshua and making Fury the villain. It's how boxing draws in casual fans, Fury will play his part, AJ will play his and eventually they'll meet billed as good versus evil.

They'll wait til Joshua is king of the hill and some other nice new challenger comes along to crucify him over his past or decide that he's arrogant or aloof or whatever else.

You know how it works. Why let it bother you? Just don't read the shit. Watch the fighting and enjoy it.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Oh pipe down, you're up Fury's arse because he's a tiny bit Irish and that's it.

He's a ****, every normal person in the world knows he's a ****. Most of the country dislike him because he's a ****, not because THE MEDIA are telling them to.

He's an alright boxer, beating a declining Wlad is still an achievement - albeit not one that makes him a legend.

He'll hold the title for a bit, get beaten, vanish back in to obscurity and be forgotten again in a few years time. Genuine superstar? Have words.

Oh and anyone getting upset by the press coverage regards Joshua is being a moron, I'm sorry. The press exist to sell stories and right now Joshua vs Fury is the ultimate in good guy vs bad guy stories. Of course they're going to spend the next few years rimming Joshua and making Fury the villain. It's how boxing draws in casual fans, Fury will play his part, AJ will play his and eventually they'll meet billed as good versus evil.

They'll wait til Joshua is king of the hill and some other nice new challenger comes along to crucify him over his past or decide that he's arrogant or aloof or whatever else.

You know how it works. Why let it bother you? Just don't read the shit. Watch the fighting and enjoy it.

How does a fecking drug dealer become a good guy

Fecked up country we live in

Fury will be the greatest British heavy weight ever to have faught by the time he hangs up the gloves

Bit like Jason Koumas being one of the best midfielders in the country...   :whistle:

Are you Fury's boyfriend?

You obviously have had your head up your hole to realise how that's certainly not the case

I actually know his cousin very well and have met him a few time so yes I'm a little blinkered

But even so he will show the haters wrong !

He has already lol

Do you live in a caravan?

I prefer to call it a mobile home

when the housemartins started singing about "caravans of love" we all changed to mobile home as we all felt a little like people thiught we were having debauched pikey wife swapping sessions which would be crazy as we are all married to our first cousins so wife swap on the halting site would mean your sister would be the swap

Now for ya

I like Fury but to suggest he's going to pass Lennox Lewis or Bob Fitzsimmons as Britain's greatest ever heavy is laughable, even if he went his career unbeaten he wouldn't have the calibre of competition to beat that those two did to put him up with them.

Seriously coming around to the opinion Joshua is hype, his footwork on Saturday was comical at times and he got wobbled by a guy who has no real power or class, if he's on queer street from Whyte I don't see much hope for him against any fighter who can punch. That said he posseses serious power himself so he'll always shift tickets.

I like Fury but to suggest he's going to pass Lennox Lewis or Bob Fitzsimmons as Britain's greatest ever heavy is laughable, even if he went his career unbeaten he wouldn't have the calibre of competition to beat that those two did to put him up with them.

Seriously coming around to the opinion Joshua is hype, his footwork on Saturday was comical at times and he got wobbled by a guy who has no real power or class, if he's on queer street from Whyte I don't see much hope for him against any fighter who can punch. That said he posseses serious power himself so he'll always shift tickets.

Agree with the first paragraph completely,but we have got to remember Joshua has only been a pro for a few years,a couple more and then I will see if he is the real deal.Liking Eubank Jr at the moment,but yet again he would struggle to fill his dad's boots.

Agree with the first paragraph completely,but we have got to remember Joshua has only been a pro for a few years,a couple more and then I will see if he is the real deal.Liking Eubank Jr at the moment,but yet again he would struggle to fill his dad's boots.

Agree mate but I thought he looked lead footed at times Saturday, this was the first time he fought a guy who was walking forward as well. lol

Agree mate but I thought he looked lead footed at times Saturday, this was the first time he fought a guy who was walking forward as well. lol

Given his amateur background and his fights so far, his feet should be a lot better than they are.

I dont think he'll be the superstar he's being made out to be. Anyone with any quality will run rings round him.

Given his amateur background and his fights so far, his feet should be a lot better than they are.

I dont think he'll be the superstar he's being made out to be. Anyone with any quality will run rings round him.

I made a point of watching his 1st round Olympic fight again the other day, he lost that one on most people's cards to a very classy Cuban. I think he'll be slightly better than Audley was but I don't see him going much further. We'll learn a lot about him when he gets put down.

Think that's part of the problem as well, even though he had success at the Olympics, he came to amateur boxing late as well and just picked it up very quickly, so his actual amateur experience isn't as extensive as it could be.

I hope Eddie Hearn gets any ideas of taking on David Haye out of his head, because Haye would run rings round him for a few rounds until AJ's feet were sticking to the dance floor then put him to sleep.

Bob .....dear me

Lenox was a Jamaican Canadian about as British as Coors light !

5vyd1l.jpg

Edited by dropofclaridge

How does a fecking drug dealer become a good guy

Fecked up country we live in

Fury will be the greatest British heavy weight ever to have faught by the time he hangs up the gloves

lol top trolling.

I had no idea coors was originally brewed in London either!

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Bob .....dear me

Lenox was a Jamaican Canadian about as British as Coors light !

5vyd1l.jpg

Born in East London. I'd say that makes you at least slightly British.

Put it this way, Lennox is far more British than Fury is Irish. lol

Born in East London. I'd say that makes you at least slightly British.

Put it this way, Lennox is far more British than Fury is Irish. lol

Calm down, man, Lennox may have been born and raised in the capital of England but Tyson Fury once wore a Guinness hat on St Paddy's day. #irishthrough&through

• Like 1

Frustrating how little middle ground you get with someone like Joshua.

So many people are drooling over his every move and referring to him as a monster, machine etc.. despite the lack of quality of the victims on his cv to date and the fact his olympic run was seemingly extremely crooked. Not his fault that though.

But by the same token he's bashed up everyone in front of him so far so deserves some credit which brings me round to the reverse.. those absolute desperate to knock him and are sat cock in hand waiting for the moment he loses to burst out with 'CALLED IT' and brand him a hype job or something similar. 

He's a tremendous prospect but that's just what he is for now. Incredible physique and a lot of power but let's see how he progresses with the tests that lie ahead. Talk of him fighting Fury is premature for me. I think Fury, Klitschko, Wilder and Povetkin shouldn't be considered until he has made further progress. There are many decent heavies who would potentially test Joshua in different ways. I'll suggest some:

Mariusz Wach - Huge heavy (6 foot 7 and a half) would likely take him deep rounds wise (went distance with Klitschko, stopped in 12th by Povetkin) 

Tony Thompson - has been in with all sorts of top level heavyweights and famously derailed the last British Heavyweight hype train David Price (twice).

Dereck Chisora - like Wach would likely take him rounds and perhaps provide a slightly sterner test than Whyte (tested Haye's chin before being stopped, went distance with Vitali, Fury)

Carlos Takam - a quality operator. Holds a win over Tony Thompson and was very competitive with Povetkin before being stopped.

Malik Scott - really high class boxer with dubious heart and chin. Wiped out in a round by Wilder and stopped dubiously by Chisora. However has put in some top quality performances at the weight. Recently outpointed Thompson. Beat Glazkov in most peoples eyes but the official decision was a highly dubious draw.

Think he beats any of those listed personally but think right now they present a step up from Dillian Whyte as he builds to world level. 

Edited by Guest

I'm fairly sure they'll go to Chisora next, someone who doesn't carry much power at all but is a decent name to sell the fight and a step up in class.

There are a few half decent heavies around at the minute looking to make the step into World level. Ortiz (who'll have to hurry up given his age) Parker, Teper, Browne. The division isn't the highest quality of boxing at the minute but it's certainly interesting.