Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

SCARED !!!!!

EDDIE HEARN ...." David Haye not the objective for Anthony Joshua... our priority is to develop him into the unified heavyweight champion "

He aint ready for Haye.

To be fair to Hearn he is not scared to give his fighters a test that's why Mitchell has had his head caved in twice and Luke Campbell has a loss on his record already.

He aint ready for Haye.

To be fair to Hearn he is not scared to give his fighters a test that's why Mitchell has had his head caved in twice and Luke Campbell has a loss on his record already.

Luke Campbell's loss has virtually washed out the investment in him he is now a major loss on the cash sheet , Hearn never had any idea that was likely to happen to him beaten by someone who he was supposed to swat aside ! Never rated him ! His age left me feeling he was too slow a developer and that seems the case !

Joshua , his power and speed will take him so far , but his feet will always mean unless he knocks out he will be knocked out at the top world level ! They are running .....

Chisora next for Joshua . Do me a favour lol

He aint ready for Haye.

Joshua too wooden for Haye IMO. Haye's movement and speed would be AJ's undoing, clever of Hearn to give that a wide berth.

• 2 weeks later...

Khan V Canelo to fight in May, at middleweight!!

Jesus, that's a big ask for Khan but speed could be his friend as it was for Mayweather when he beat Alvarez, but if Canelo connects then it could be goodnight to Khan's career.

Hope this puts paid to the people who say Khan ducks certain fights, this is 10x the fight that Brook would have been

Jesus, that's a big ask for Khan but speed could be his friend as it was for Mayweather when he beat Alvarez, but if Canelo connects then it could be goodnight to Khan's career.

Hope this puts paid to the people who say Khan ducks certain fights, this is 10x the fight that Brook would have been

He needs to take these fights and win if he wants Mayweather

Khan doesn't have the defense of Mayweather though. He'd have to box a perfect fight that he's never put together before. Khan like every boxer will work on a risk reward scenario, where he won't risk it unless he gets a shedload of cash. No point risking a loss for money that you could make on a sure banker. He'll make a packet off this one and remain legit at welterweight if he loses. 

Khan doesn't have the defense of Mayweather though. He'd have to box a perfect fight that he's never put together before. Khan like every boxer will work on a risk reward scenario, where he won't risk it unless he gets a shedload of cash. No point risking a loss for money that you could make on a sure banker. He'll make a packet off this one and remain legit at welterweight if he loses.

He will win I have no doubt and had a right punt at him to do so

Joshua could be fighting for a world title in April !

Joshua v's Martin at the O2 in April looks on !

For the title stolen off Tyson Fury ha ha ha

Eddie Hearn obviously is worried about him Joshua Because all the careful planning has gone out the window !

Indeed Joshua vs Martin at the O2 on April 9th! 

Indeed Joshua vs Martin at the O2 on April 9th!

I have an invite ringside , might auction it for charity

Don't like either of these

But Joshua wins because martins feet are even slower yah his !

Fair play to Joshua rapid rise and Hearn has taken the handbreak off !

Can see this doing magic number on sky !

Boxing has hit an all time low when beating Dillion Whyte lands you a World Title shot.

What a joke.

This.

......Perhaps but who else is would you have fight for it. Wlad and Tyson out the question for obvious reasons, Martin isn't going to take a fight against Deyonte as his first defence, the rest of the higher ranked boxers are boxers in their 30's who have fought poor fighters leading up to them all having their shot at Wlad and coming up well short. Not to mention most of them have fights pencilled in this Spring already.  

Very opportunist by Hearn, and I am glad Joshua is being fast tracked, having watched 16 mostly brutal knock outs I think it is about time he was put in with someone a bit more testing.

Nice pay day for Martin, he's obviously not keen to fight anyone more seasoned than him and therefore this is his perfect fight for him if he is of the opinion he will have too much against a relatively inexperienced Joshua, it would not be my opinion at all but there we are.

Well the first disgarce was the IBF deciding that their number 1 and 2 were Martin and Glazkov having stolen the belt off Fury, embarassing given Ortiz, Pulev, Povetkin are clearly above both of these two.

AJ getting the shot instead of? Any of those mentioned, Stiverne and you could probably add Malik Scott as well (given he drew with Walker)

I just cannot believe you can land a World Title shot on the back of what he has "achieved" - we have domestic heavyweights more deserving, it makes you wonder whether Eddie knows something we don't as well and he's ready to cash out on AJ earlier than expected.

I can almost see this whole farce playing out already, beats Walker, "homecoming" defence against Chisora, then a huge box office battle V Haye, a total sham with Hearn and the IBF working in cahoots to yet again rip off the public.

Well the first disgarce was the IBF deciding that their number 1 and 2 were Martin and Glazkov having stolen the belt off Fury, embarassing given Ortiz, Pulev, Povetkin are clearly above both of these two.

AJ getting the shot instead of? Any of those mentioned, Stiverne and you could probably add Malik Scott as well (given he drew with Walker)

I just cannot believe you can land a World Title shot on the back of what he has "achieved" - we have domestic heavyweights more deserving, it makes you wonder whether Eddie knows something we don't as well and he's ready to cash out on AJ earlier than expected.

I can almost see this whole farce playing out already, beats Walker, "homecoming" defence against Chisora, then a huge box office battle V Haye, a total sham with Hearn and the IBF working in cahoots to yet again rip off the public.

Your naming a lot of people who have recently missed out or lost belts, and a lot of them specifically the IBF one. You don't lose a title fight whether your taking your shot or defending and get another go straight away (unless you get a rematch) and I am sure you know this. Ortiz not being involved in the first bout is an odd one but is down to fight Thompson in April so unavailable. And I can't agree about Scott, as he's just not very good.  

You really don't have to achieve a lot in the heavy weight division to get somewhere really do you. It seems to be improving but is still a pretty terrible division, Chisora is still making a decent fist of it FFS. I know AJ hasn't really achieved much but looking forward to the fight and I think he'll win, and if he is capable of winning why isn't he ready?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

My annoyance isn't really with Joshua taking on Martin, it's the fact the IBF have ended up with this guy as a champion and sanctioned this as a genuine World Title fight. It's makes the sport look a total farce.

Joshua simply hasn't done anything to warrant a World Title shot as he's about to steal a belt with two wins against fighters little better than journeymen.

My annoyance isn't really with Joshua taking on Martin, it's the fact the IBF have ended up with this guy as a champion and sanctioned this as a genuine World Title fight. It's makes the sport look a total farce.

Joshua simply hasn't done anything to warrant a World Title shot as he's about to steal a belt with two wins against fighters little better than journeymen.

It's all Wlads fault.lol

Edited by Manwell Pablo