Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Can you be prosecuted for killing someone in a boxing match?

No you can't, unfortunately it is something that has a chance of happening in such a sport, I'm sure certain things will be looked at though but neither fighter is to be blamed... the fight it sounds like it went on maybe 3 or 4 rounds too long though... Sometimes refs are harshly treated for stopping a fight too early but this is why they make such decisions. I hope he makes a full recovery

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Can you be prosecuted for killing someone in a boxing match?

Professional fighters signed wavers they are in the contracts

My thoughts and prayers with Nick

He was beat to a pulp and his corner need to reflect on how he was let go on

Must have been over 50 uppercuts that landed flush !

Eubank Jnr now facing the same demons that arguablly finished his dad

Hopefully Nick will be ok with no lasting damage , I'm pretty sure we won't see him in a ring again

Haha Eubank Jr having a pop at Billy Joe in the middle of the round!

The pikey nation all having a go back at jnr

He is a proper class act

Saunders will want the rematch on PPV as it will be his one and only time on PPV !!!

jnr is getting better and better improving all the time he is catching up on his lack of significant amateurs time

Saunders is what he is he ain't getting better

Only one winner in that rematch .....and I think once Jnr wins a world belt eddie will make it happen on PPV

Saunders Screaming for Blackwell to win so he won't have to face Jnr again !!!!

saunders has demons in his head now regarding Jnr

Edited by dropofclaridge

I can't believe the pasting he took. It reminded me of how Rocky got pasted in Rocky 4 by the Russian! Eubank at one point was just upercutting him relentlessly for what seemed like an eternity. I expected to see him fall and he just continued as nothing had happened! The internal damage was not visible though....

I think the ref should have stopped it much earlier as it was clear to see he was getting done over.

Not sure why Billy Joe was so bitter towards Eubank? He clearly hates him but I thought Eubank looked good against a solid opponent.

Edited by Collymore

How this fight wasn't stopped earlier is disappointing, so many head jolting uppercuts I'm not surprised the kid's in hospital, should have thrown in the towel at least 2 rounds before it was stopped really hope he makes a full recovery.

I always think ex-boxers turned trainers make poor corner desicions they err too much on the internal warrior in a boxer rather than making the safe call

Chris Eubank Snr is a bit of hero today he told his son to stop hitting nick in the head and go to body because nick was messed up ... Very sporting of him , he also implored the ref to stop the fight ! Victor Loughlin really needs to step away from a ring for a while

I was sickened that the pikeys were urging poor Blackwell onto more and more punishment despite the obvious risk of him getting killed never mind sparked out !

Jnr is an animal and displayed the killer instinct to go all the way to the top , he is a dangerous young man

Billy Joe would be better off staying away !!

Seems good news from hospital tonight recovering well it seems and no operation needed

• Like 1

I can't believe the pasting he took. It reminded me of how Rocky got pasted in Rocky 4 by the Russian! Eubank at one point was just upercutting him relentlessly for what seemed like an eternity. I expected to see him fall and he just continued as nothing had happened! The internal damage was not visible though....

I think the ref should have stopped it much earlier as it was clear to see he was getting done over.

Not sure why Billy Joe was so bitter towards Eubank? He clearly hates him but I thought Eubank looked good against a solid opponent.

He is bitter because he won the fight but he lost the War really because Jnr's legend grew after thier fight yet BJS has still got question marks

The all pikey clash also didn't get him the pay boost he deserves and he is now earning less than Eubank and Jnr his legend and pay cheques keep growing and growing

BJS Career I fear will be a side note on the biography of Chris Eubank Jnr's career ! And I think BJS fears that as well

I thought Chris Eubank told him not to hit him in the head as he wasn't going to win that way as Blackwell didn't look like getting knocked out.

I'm sure I heard senior say "I don't want this going to points" just before the major assault. I think he was maybe worried that there was a hidden agenda as the fight hadn't been stopped previously.

It's scary the amount of control Chris Snr has. It's like his son is on a lead and releases a bit of it when he sees fit. The pair of them are an enigma! 

He is bitter because he won the fight but he lost the War really because Jnr's legend grew after thier fight yet BJS has still got question marks

The all pikey clash also didn't get him the pay boost he deserves and he is now earning less than Eubank and Jnr his legend and pay cheques keep growing and growing

BJS Career I fear will be a side note on the biography of Chris Eubank Jnr's career ! And I think BJS fears that as well

I got the feeling that Ch5 were embarrassed with the BJS's bias. 

I thought Chris Eubank told him not to hit him in the head as he wasn't going to win that way as Blackwell didn't look like getting knocked out.

"If [the referee] doesn't stop it, and you keep on beating him like this, one - he's getting hurt, and two - if it goes to a decision, why hasn't the referee stopped the fight," he said

I'm sure I heard senior say "I don't want this going to points" just before the major assault. I think he was maybe worried that there was a hidden agenda as the fight hadn't been stopped previously.

It's scary the amount of control Chris Snr has. It's like his son is on a lead and releases a bit of it when he sees fit. The pair of them are an enigma!

Jnr was clear heard yelling at his father "enough" when Snr was over doing the advice between a couple of rounds

But yes I agree both are seriously quirky ....but I love that

I got the feeling that Ch5 were embarrassed with the BJS's bias.

Yea I think your right

Urgh pikeys

We call Irish Itinerant people types "travellers" they were the "tinkers" but as they no longer fix tin pots and pans they are "travellers" now

And English ones "pikeys"

But when Irish travellers are fighting and being anti/social we call them "pikeys" or "knackers"

Bit like Andy Murray is British when wining and a Scot when loosing lol

The Irish Travellers I know would call Billy Joe Saunders a "pikey" he is not pure Roma and he is not of Irish traveller stock so he is from British itinerant stock so in effect a pikey

Although the word is widely used None of them above are Gypsys or Gipsys , the true Gipsy people are Romani , an ethnic grouping that's originated in India and then spread through Europe with now many subgroups , they are a grouping that hitler wanted to ethnically cleanse and to this day are persecuted all over Europe , Irish travellers and British pikeys don't really have much truck with pure European Romani and inter marriage between the travellers and pure Romani is rare especially for Irish travellers , some British pikeys can trace some of thier genetic history to Romani who arrived here centuries ago , hence the olive skin tones and dark full heads of hair with some

Baldness is a gene rarely found in pikeys / travellers / Romany my grandad would be proud of his head of bald skin proclaiming to me it was a sign of Celtic blood "you have never seen a bald King of the Travellers "

"If [the referee] doesn't stop it, and you keep on beating him like this, one - he's getting hurt, and two - if it goes to a decision, why hasn't the referee stopped the fight," he said

Yes I heard that, but I still don't think Eubank was advising his son not to hit him in the head for his safety. More that he felt going for the body would get the fight over.