Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Heard an interview with Joshua yesterday I thought he came across as an intelligent, thoughtful guy, a bit different to the footballers who seem to have no personality and have nothing to say...maybe its the media training they're given stripping away any personality and turning them into robots.

Heard an interview with Joshua yesterday I thought he came across as an intelligent, thoughtful guy, a bit different to the footballers who seem to have no personality and have nothing to say...maybe its the media training they're given stripping away any personality and turning them into robots.

Think that's a bit harsh on footballers really. There's plenty that aren't thick or dull. Matt James, Wes Morgan, Kasper Schmeichel, Christian Fuchs all off the top of my head interview well and seem like bright blokes.

Vardy and Knockaert not going to win any awards for genius but nobody can accuse them of lacking personality. Not every footballer is a Wayne Rooney or Emile Heskey.

Equally, not every boxer is as comfortable on the mic as David Haye or has the smarts of Klitch.

AJ does come across as a well mannered young man but the rest of your post is just ridiculous stereotyping, basically.

Think that's a bit harsh on footballers really. There's plenty that aren't thick or dull. Matt James, Wes Morgan, Kasper Schmeichel, Christian Fuchs all off the top of my head interview well and seem like bright blokes.

Vardy and Knockaert not going to win any awards for genius but nobody can accuse them of lacking personality. Not every footballer is a Wayne Rooney or Emile Heskey.

Equally, not every boxer is as comfortable on the mic as David Haye or has the smarts of Klitch.

AJ does come across as a well mannered young man but the rest of your post is just ridiculous stereotyping, basically.

It was really a reference to the media training they have that seemingly strips away their personalities, it's not a slight on their intelligence.

I've read about certain footballers who are big personalities but when placed in front of a camera they seem devoid of any wit or personality. 

In terms of AJ, It's a bit of a front. He claims to have completely turned his personality around from his younger days (and I don't doubt he has grown up a bit) but the way he acted during and after his fight against Whyte says to me there's still plenty of the North London drug dealer still in him. Probably not a bad thing in boxing,

As for Saturday, AJ Knockout, Although as Matt has said the only reason these two are even fighting is because Wlad has already beaten up every other main contender and the IBF, as with the Kell Brook fight a week Saturday ago, are acting quite bizarrely.

Buzzing for Saturday! Can't believe how much is on the bill, perhaps not the overall quality but in terms of quantity I can't complain! Considering everyone reckoned Martin had taken all the cash and there was none left for an undercard they've done a good job!

Macklin v rose could be fight of night !

It's a huge undercard and well worth the PPV fee

The bookies being ridiculous in favour of Joshua, is that just because they're English bookies or is the guy he's fighting a chump?

Well what has Joshua beat ???

Washed out chumps

Dillon White rattled him , that concerns me !

Joshua should win

But I have bet prince to knock him out , only an interest bet

Hearn is worried , not sure why because Joshua's investment has already paid off BIG

Surely the injured boxer has some sort of insurance in place for such a risky profession?

Think that's the point it's too risky to get insurance for

Used to have an association but it was toothless

I think all promotors should be made to insure every fighter and then that cost gets built into purse bids

It's a murky sport still !

I tried to set up an insurance scheme like this a couple of years ago. Not a single promoter or gym stable wanted to know.

I tried to set up an insurance scheme like this a couple of years ago. Not a single promoter or gym stable wanted to know.

Disgusting ! And shocking that it's allowed to happen

Getting an underwriter must have been an Issue ?

I discussed it before with a Lloyds fund manager friend of mine , we do horses through his fund but he wasn't sure about boxing or MMA and the viability

I think the British Board of Boxing Control might be the way to go , one day a test case will ensure its a duty of care of promotors to ensure provision is in place

Rob Smith must be well and truely horrified by that just giving charity page ! For the kids medical expenses !

Disgusting ! And shocking that it's allowed to happen

Getting an underwriter must have been an Issue ?

I discussed it before with a Lloyds fund manager friend of mine , we do horses through his fund but he wasn't sure about boxing or MMA and the viability

I think the British Board of Boxing Control might be the way to go , one day a test case will ensure its a duty of care of promotors to ensure provision is in place

Rob Smith must be well and truely horrified by that just giving charity page ! For the kids medical expenses !

It took a massive amount of convincing to find a market so it was doubly disappointing when there was zero take up. Especially when I had endorsement from two well respected ex-pros!

Yes it was expensive but the benefits to the boxer were so good I still cant believe it didnt happen.

Finding £17 notes for the Joshua fight a little hard to swallow....

A tenner, yeah but I think that much for this card is a dry bumming.

Sky have always been greedy I cannot deny that but they really are taking the piss nowadays.

They're charging more for less/worse coverage/content.

Edited by Matt

Macklin Rose was a messy brutal scrap

Macklin by 1 for me don't know where the two judges found by 4

Agreed.

And this is why Jamie, good boxer that he is, will never headline events like this, chore to watch, don't get me wrong in sporting terms it works but Jesus he's one for the purists.