Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheWestEnd

The M69 Derby

Think this was partly down to the sterile feeling among our fans but also due to ticket prices and our piss poor support. But then again since 1967 we've had one cup win and one relegation and nothing else to raise the emotions, must be the most boring team in England to support.

I sympathise in a way, you really are the ultimate bore to support it seems.

Sadly, I can't see Cov/Leics growing unless something big happens, like I mentioned. For all we have you on the opening day, it's not going to create a rivalry, it may make it a bigger occasion than usual but it won't form a rival, there's no controversy when we play you, there's no anything tbh, and the fact the last four meetings have ended in draws doesn't help it either, as neither have any bragging rights.

Large al is right.

I don't care about cov whatsoever. Being from coalville (and going to school in ashby) the team to hate is derby. Dont care all that much for forest even though they're our closest rivals in terms of league position.

Just remembered a funny story about leicester fans in ashby. I think we'd been southend away the season before relegation. This bloke we was with fancied himself as a right hard nut. He introduced himself to these blokes that had been staring at us in one of ashbys pubs.

He went up with his rolling shoulders, wanting to start something, and said,

'my names x and im in the babysquad'

To which the bloke replied, 'i'm a forest fan and a sergeant in the paras'

Our mate could not shake hands with him quick enough! Nowt to do with this thread but funny all the same

I didn't have a clue Cov fans hated us until I went to uni with one.

I didnt until i met one in paris.

Seriously though, how can a game like this be considered rivalry when they cant sell thier allocation.

All for a game 26 miles away.

Do Cov fans consider Derby to be their rivals in any way? This is the second year in a row tthat Cov vs Derby has been on sky. Seems a pretty nothing game if Theres no rivalry.

Do Cov fans consider Derby to be their rivals in any way? This is the second year in a row tthat Cov vs Derby has been on sky. Seems a pretty nothing game if Theres no rivalry.

Nope and Derby don't either unless this is another bloody "rivalry" that no one's told me about. Coventry's a strangle place for rivals Villa hate us but hate Birmingham more, Wolves old boys hate us but that's all in the past. And about half a dozen of you fans hate us by the looks of it. We've never had a massive, fierce rivalry with anyone. A bit similar to your situation with Forest, Derby and us I guess.

No forest fan really get that worked up about Leicester, I think in terms of rivalry your about on par with Notts Clounty. Forest Derby the only'real' east midlands derby. As for Coventry I'd love to see them go down, possibly the most boring team in the history of football.

No forest fan really get that worked up about Leicester, I think in terms of rivalry your about on par with Notts Clounty. Forest Derby the only'real' east midlands derby. As for Coventry I'd love to see them go down, possibly the most boring team in the history of football.

Would absolute love this if it happens. :fc: Give them a reality check their not really a big club anymore.

Would absolute love this if it happens. :fc: Give them a reality check their not really a big club anymore.

Any more? They've never been a big club and I don't think many of their fans would claim otherwise, their best ever finish is 6th in the top tier and before their FA Cup win they'd never really been near any major honours.

I think this is part of the reason for their lack of real rivalries, 40 odd years of mid-table mediocrity with a real lack of competitiveness hardly inspires much in the way of hatred.

Il agree with you lot on the Coventry thing. Awful stadium, awful area, no fans, no history, and have they been avoiding relegation/promotion campaigns forever? They always seem to be bottom half but pretty safe

Archived