Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheWestEnd

The M69 Derby

Leicester and Coventry might just as well accept that no one else hates us enough to be their number 1 rivals, so we may as well just accept each other as the last wallflowers left at the dance-hall

To hit you with the facts. The last Football fan census from 2003 showed these as the top 3 rivals

Aston Villa - Birmingham, WBA, Wolves

Birmingham - Aston Villa, WBA, Wolves

Coventry - Aston Villa, Leicester, Birmingham

Leicester - Forest, Derby, Cov

Derby - Forest, Leicester, Leeds

Forest - Derby, Leicester, Sheff Utd

Someone should send that memo to all the forest fans I've ever met.

yep agreed, all the red scum fans ive ever met hate us, 2nd to Derby because geographically they are closer but thats it. Coming from Lufbra myself originally i hate, i mean absolutely DETEST F****t, and i have before anyone gets on their moral high horse several friends who are red scum fans. I hate them almost as much as the ex-wife :whistle:

My best mate is a cov fan (bad i know) but his uncle payed for them greg downes, he even thinks they will be relegated and he reckons by chrsitmas and he's a fan !!!!!!

some sense then.

My best mate is a cov fan (bad i know) but his uncle payed for them greg downes, he even thinks they will be relegated and he reckons by chrsitmas and he's a fan !!!!!!

Greg Downes was a good player in his day...though has a poor taste in who he supports

just a thought. But lets suppose us and forest are promoted this season and derby are well derby.

Hotly contested premier league matches would see forests love affair with the rams out the window .

Live in Atherstone and Cov is nearest ground to me, always hated them, they rammed their 1987 cup win down our throats for years but conveniently forgot when Sutton United beat them in the cup 2 years later.

Will be heading to the Ricoh on opening day, just hope we make some noise in there for once.

Ive had a tenner on them to go down this year, they must be bottom 3 on form in 2011 and without the sex pest up front the outlook is as gloomy as their city centre.

Just found out they have lost Gunnarsson aswell, gone to Cardiff.

I'd agree with our main rivals as Forest, Derby, then Cov - but really not too bothered about them, even though they are not too far away. I was not even aware that they were considered to be a main rivalry until a couple of years ago.

Yep- really interesting site here -

http://www.footballfanscensus.com/issueresults/Club_Rivalries_Uncovered_Results.pdf

One interesting point is -

TEAMS WITH THE LEAST RIVALS

The following ten clubs had the least number of other fans seeing them as their rivals:

Gillingham

Bournemouth

Macclesfield

Coventry

Stockport

Leyton Orient

Torquay

Walsall

York

Yeovil

It's clearly about where you live. I grew up in and around Loughborough, which used to be full of Forest fans.

Can see why the Cov fixture would mean something to the Hinckley and Nuneaton boys.

Interestingly, there used to be a stat on Wikipedia about Leic / Cov being the twenty-something fiercest rivalry in English football! WTF?

Obviously calculated by some mad statistician based on some erroneous facts.

I never used to mind Coventry until I saw us lose at the Ricoh Arena in 2008, 2-0. Their fans drove me insane but calling us scum (not insinuating you did). Bit by bit my dislike towards Coventry would grow and when I look at some of the fans trying to tease Leicester's about results, I just find them annoying and grotesque. But now Coventry are number 1 on my most hated clubs list because of it. I know it's only a recent rivalry but it's because of some of your fans rather than history. Plus I look forward to trips to the Ricoh more than most because it's a great day out. Not that we've ever won there... :whistle:

I never used to mind Coventry until I saw us lose at the Ricoh Arena in 2008, 2-0. Their fans drove me insane but calling us scum (not insinuating you did). Bit by bit my dislike towards Coventry would grow and when I look at some of the fans trying to tease Leicester's about results, I just find them annoying and grotesque. But now Coventry are number 1 on my most hated clubs list because of it. I know it's only a recent rivalry but it's because of some of your fans rather than history. Plus I look forward to trips to the Ricoh more than most because it's a great day out. Not that we've ever won there... :whistle:

Get out! It's an absolute dive!!

As always in this type of thread it is about where you live and how old you are. There are numerous Leicester fans who hate Cov most but more who hate Foerst and Derby. I know many of our fans who loathe Portsmouth more than any other club.

We simply are not any clubs biggest rival and neither are Cov but there are teams around us with enough hatred between them to make the match interesting. Personally I hate every team for 90 minutes on match day and yes I love it when we beat Forest and Derby but don't hate any collective set of fans who are passionate about their local team.

A bit of passion and rivalry between local clubs adds to the atmosphere of the match so I'm all for it as long as it remains at a level of banter between fans.

Asked for odds on Coventry going down yesterday, 2/1.

Now while agree if I was a bookie i'd be offering odds like that because I think it is quite likely, they're going to drop soon, but at 2/1 don't think i'll be bothering I want abit more for my money.

Asked for odds on Coventry going down yesterday, 2/1.

Now while agree if I was a bookie i'd be offering odds like that because I think it is quite likely, they're going to drop soon, but at 2/1 don't think i'll be bothering I want abit more for my money.

I thought that when we were 8/1 to win the league back in May. <_<

Archived