Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Me Mix.

Heres my mix, not really got a order to listen to the songs in, but I'll do a little track list thing.

Penny Hardaway - The Cool Kids Featuring Ghostface.

Keishas Song - Kendrick Lamar.

Whoopty Doo - Cyhi Da Prynce

Rolling Stone - The Weeknd.

The World Is Yours - Elzhi.

Untitled(LovedU)2 - Blu.

Snakepond - Raekwon.

Victory Laps - DoomStarks.

American Wedding - Frank Ocean.

Just a mixture of some of my favourite songs this year off the top of my head, most people know what my music tastes about so you should know what to expect.

Enjoy

Download.

Rolling Stone - nice tune, nice vocals, hate the generic use of bitches, but otherwise liked.

Penny Hardaway – pretty standard stuff as I heard it. Left me a bit cold.

The World Is Yours – same as the above

Snake Pond – Interesting marriage of old and new world sounds, not sure how much I like it though.

Keisha’s Song – if the rapping were less aggressive I might like it, but I get where it’s coming from.

American Wedding – never liked Hotel California and this changes nothing.

Untitled(LovedU)2 – this faded in and out of interest for me – will have to listen again

Victory Laps – This sounds like an inferior version of Turn It Up by Busta Rhymes

Whoopty Doo – very laid back, but I can’t find a hook

I'll give it another listen cos their were a few tracks I'm undecided on.

Thanks Samil.

Really liked this, Sam.

Not going to do song by song reviews for all of these like before, feels a little bit forced. I listened to this a couple of times today and liked it a lot. Probably doesn't surprise you that I'd not heard any of it before except MF Doom (though Victory Laps was new to me, top track though.) Keisha's Song is fantastic. Definite highlight. Liked the music behind Rolling Stone a lot, too, but the voice killed my love a little.

American Wedding is probably the only song there I wouldn't listen to again, didn't really take my fancy at all.

All in all really good, though. You set the bar pretty high for everyone else.

Had a listen, and again it wasn't as bad as I feared. I've never been that keen on the genre, but this was quite listenable even if it didn't quite catch my imagination, with the exception of Rolling Stone. I see where the others are coming from re: voice, but I thought it just about worked. Could've probably done without the Eagles track at the end though.

Not really a fan of this type of music but the Blu track was quite a nice touch, some of the others were a bit "uninspired" e.g. penny hard-away & the world is yours. American wedding was quite poor but the rest were al-right, not the sort of thing I'd listen to again but still fairly good.

Archived