Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Doctor

LargeAl's Mix

Link

Track Listing (in no particular order):

Superhuman Touch - Athlete

Hawaiian Air - Friendly Fires

I Feel Wrong - Glasvegas

Southern Point - Grizzly Bear

Black Whistler - Kasabian

Wake Up Your Saints - The National

Lovers Pass - The Old Romantic Killer Band

Run Run Run - Phoenix

The Thief of Baghdad - The Teardrop Explodes

Hands Reversed - Tokyo Police Club

Had a few listens now and for me it's a bit hit and miss. I liked the Friendly Fires, TORKB and Phoenix tracks and am undecided on the Grizzly Bear one. The rest were meh. I'm glad you didn't pick the other mix though as I'd heard/have all but four songs on it. Thumbs up for the Mastodon track (still my favourite by them) which wouldn't have been out of place in mine probably.

Liked a reasonable amount of this although much of it I was already familiar with (which is no bad thing, I guess) :cool: I take it you're a fan of male vocalists?!

Superhuman Touch - Athlete - 8/10 Know this track well but like it - hadn't listened to Athlete for a while so nice to revisit 'em.

Hawaiian Air - Friendly Fires - 9/10 Friendly Fires can do little wrong, imo - love them. One of the better tracks from Pala.

I Feel Wrong - Glasvegas - 4/10 Have never really got Glasvegas - his voice just grates. That said, I didn't find it particularly offensive but wouldn't rush to give it a 2nd listen.

Southern Point - Grizzly Bear - 5/10 This was new to me. Bit undecided, tbh. The kinda thing I 'ought' to like but it hasn't quite grabbed me yet - needs another few listens I think.

Black Whistler - Kasabian - 7.5/10 Er, yeah, it's Kasabian, generally like them and one of my preferred tracks from Empire.

Wake Up Your Saints - The National - 5/10 Really really dislike his voice (seems I'm fussy about voices!) and for this reason have never really been a fan of The National. Actually like the track, just wish someone else would cover it! I'll give it a few more listens - perhaps it'll be a grower?!

Lovers Pass - The Old Romantic Killer Band - 4/10 Er, no, did nothing to float my boat. Sorry.

Run Run Run - Phoenix - 8/10 Yep, like this. New to me, a good find.

The Thief of Baghdad - The Teardrop Explodes - 4/10 blimey, takes me back. Not sure I was a big fan back then - it's done nothing to convince me to revisit their back catalogue.

Hands Reversed - Tokyo Police Club - 5/10 loved Tessellate from Elephant Shell but this album's new to me. Meh, unconvinced. Average. Forgettable.

Liked a reasonable amount of this although much of it I was already familiar with (which is no bad thing, I guess) :cool:I take it you're a fan of male vocalists?!

I've been searching for a theme for mine and it sprigns to my mind that there's been a hell of a lot of male orientated stuff and that I've acquired a lot of female vocals recently. It's an obvious theme, but one I might well take up.

Sisters of the world unite!

Just had a listen ,not familiar with many of the bands tbh,but stand out tracks for me were Run,Run,Run,Wake Up Your Saints and Thief of Baghdad,love Julian Cope :thumbup:

Liked a reasonable amount of this although much of it I was already familiar with (which is no bad thing, I guess) :cool:I take it you're a fan of male vocalists?!

Sort of, the only bands in my music library with female vocalists are arcade fire, cloud control & Belle & Sebastian, other than that it's the occasional guest vocalist on some tracks.

I generally can't find bands with female vocalists that play the sort of music I like (metal & rock) and the few that I do don't really match up to other bands.

Archived