Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Inspired by Jon the Hat.

No idea. Did I upload it wrong? I've never used it before, I used to have a YouSendIt account by they've changed now so it has to be 50mb max. I'll make it a two part download on yousendit later if nobody can get this to work.

No idea. Did I upload it wrong? I've never used it before, I used to have a YouSendIt account by they've changed now so it has to be 50mb max. I'll make it a two part download on yousendit later if nobody can get this to work.

It works fine. Oh and halfway through this and isn't nearly as bad I feared. Some corkers in there :thumbup:

It works fine. Oh and halfway through this and isn't nearly as bad I feared. Some corkers in there :thumbup:

lol I'd ask what you were expecting but I've done a pretty eclectic range of mixes for this, so that's probably fair.

I don't think the folk one was especially well received. Haha.

I'm Being Watched By The CIA - Decent enough tune but I wouldn't listen to it all that much

Antennas - Good potential but too short, over by the time it gets going.

Up The Union - Not bad but doesn't stand out much

3000 Miles Away - Ok but vocals poor at points

Eviction Article - Very Good, demands repeat listens.

State Of The Union - Catchy and a good listen

White People For Peace - Again a good track which I could listen to over and over again

I Want To Conquer the World - Top tune, absolutely love it.

Don't Drag Me Down - Nice but no real hook.

This Could Be Anywhere In The World - Good track but the vocals do descend into screamo at points

Which Side Are You On? - Quite good tune, worthy of repeat listens

Cold Concrete - like it but it doesn't grab my attention like others.

Baby Punchers - A definite weak link in the mix, not a fan

Are We Dead Yet? - Good track but not one I'd listen to again

Sorrow - Very good track, could easily listen to this over and over

really like this mix, far more so than smuts'.

This thread only serves to highlight my generic ignorance of sharing music via the interweb. I have itunes and all the pretty artwork and am frightened to join in with things that I don't understand.

I look in this thread a lot though as the title gave me a warm feeling.

Which on reflection should have been resolved after one view as the thread title doesn't change when I open it - I am simply drawn to selecting it and no Pavlovian Conditioning seems to be able to prevent this from happening.

I don't have a lot else to contribute at the moment but thanks for reading.

lol

Would you like to get involved in the "mixtape" sharing process? Happy to contribute a dummy's guide if you're a little e-slow.

Or you could just ask Daggers when you're cuddling post-coitus. :whistle:

I'd like to make it very clear that I am not e-slow I'm just a bit e-virginous regarding music spreading adventures.

Lastly I'd like to take a moment for some critical self-reflection as I feel the post coitus comment should have led me to address that issue first, yet I found the e-slow comment far more disturbing.

Now I really do feel sick.

I have a mac and don't want to screw up my pretty itunes which is rather well... err, pretty.

Can I play with the other kids in the thread

Can I join in with this spotify stuff without importing all sorts of music to my itunes that makes me unhappy?

You've two options, really.

You can download people's zipped up files, keep them in a folder on your computer that your iTunes doesn't draw from and then just play them with a different media player? Shouldn't disturb your normal iTunes listening or fill up your library with unwanted songs.

Alternatively you could use Spotify (though I think only myself and Smuts have given Spotify links so far.) Spotify doesn't download music to your computer, it has a similar interface to iTunes so you'd probably be able to navigate it pretty easily. It's like streaming software though, you listen to the music via your internet connection. So you're not downloading anything, you're just listening to it and then you can close Spotify and it's not on your hard drive.

You've two options, really.

You can download people's zipped up files, keep them in a folder on your computer that your iTunes doesn't draw from and then just play them with a different media player? Shouldn't disturb your normal iTunes listening or fill up your library with unwanted songs.

Alternatively you could use Spotify (though I think only myself and Smuts have given Spotify links so far.) Spotify doesn't download music to your computer, it has a similar interface to iTunes so you'd probably be able to navigate it pretty easily. It's like streaming software though, you listen to the music via your internet connection. So you're not downloading anything, you're just listening to it and then you can close Spotify and it's not on your hard drive.

Your like "a brief history 'of e-music modality' in a nutshell."

Thankyou, a bit later on when my mullet hurts slightly less I shall tamper with my newly gained information and attempt to convert it into applied musical e-adventures.

Of course you could just delete the unwanted crap from your i-tunes library afterwards (like I did with most of Finners' and Smuts' stuff) :P

Here goes...

Being Watched by The CIA: El Empty’s signature tune! A nice little pogoing track.

Antennas: More punk. Excellent.

Up The Union: Reminds me of old skool Green Day. So it could have been worse, It could have been new skool Green Day.

3000 Miles Away: Female singer sounds like Strawberry Switchblade, but this is one of those tracks that is spoiled by having someone else singing on it. Plays out energetically though.

Eviction Article: Elements of RatM here and FnM there, with industrial overtones. I like this, might look further into it.

State of the Union: Really, really don’t like his voice. Sounds like a butch Manson. If one could imagine such a thing. Shame, cos some nice axework there.

White People For Peace: Like the statement, not sure about this at all.

Conquer The World: And you won’t do it like that.

Don’t Drag Me Down: Nice Bass riff is my initial reaction, but became all a bit formulaic.

Which Side Are You On?: The other side.

Anywhere In The World: It’s a bit emo isn’t it?

Cold Concrete: The best thing about this was it’s short 2 minute length.

Baby-Punchers: When this started I liked it, then I wanted it to stop. Quickly. Suddenly. Violently.

Are We Dead Yet?: Yeah, I was wondering this.

Sorrow: More Bad Religion – better than the other one, just.

Maybe if it hadn't been a constant wall of protestpunk, if I'd gone away to something more melodic and come back say, maybe I'd liked it more. (I'm trying to reason why I enjoyed the start but progressively disliked it more and more.)

Archived