Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

NBA 2K12

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer is out:

Legend after legend after legend.

Rumour has it you'll be able to pick from 30 classic teams from the past 40, 50 years.

I can count Ewing, Robinson, Ellis, Robertson, Webber, Miller, Bird, McHale, Moses Malone, Laimbeer, Dumars, Richmond and Mullin, MUTOMBO (!), Olajuwon, Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning for the original Hornets, Darrall Imhoff from the LA Lakers, Julius Erving, etc. etc.

This is going to be a santa.gif game.

• 1 month later...

Just got this beauty today.

It's terrific.

Presentation is outstanding - they upped the ante once more, with each new version, they're getting closer to a real NBA game.

Commentary has been expanded and suits the game much better.

There's much more cut scenes and video presentations during a game.

Controls feel slower, but also more accurate.

As for the VP mode, there's no longer the hassle of having to go through a Rookie game, then four pre-season games in a row.

You start with a much better overall rating (somewhere around 60 instead of 47, 48 like in NBA 2K11), play one Rookie game and that's basically it.

Then you're questioned by three GMs from three different teams who'd like to draft you and, depending on your answers, you end up with one of them.

I created myself as a PG, had a mediocre Rookie game, ended up 18th in the draft and have now been signed by the Wizards as a backup for Wall. laugh.gif

As for the game, you earn (or lose) EXP points with every successful (or failed) move - your progress is shown each time in the rating window in the upper right-hand corner.

If you think you know it all, be prepared.

This game is hard. Well, just hard in a different way.

You have to be really careful not to lose the opposing player you're guarding - if they only see a slight opening for a shot, they'll take it. And then it usually goes in.

AI is incredibly smart and tough at the same time. It's quite a dampener when some teams can simply sweep you off the floor with a couple of moves.

Second part is - if you're playing My Player mode and you're with a weak team, you'll soon find out what it feels like losing on a more or less regular basis.

I play on Professional and my Wizards teammates are mostly unbelievably shit.

I mean, needing three attempts to score close to the board (either that or getting blocked at first attempt), John Wall getting inside the paint more often than he should (and losing the ball way too often as a consequence), defenders not being up to the task and giving up easy shots.

And then there are the poor shots from the free-throw line.

It's a thankless job as the second PG/first-rate SG with Washington. In particular, when you've modeled your player after yourself, standing only 5 foot 11 tall.ph34r.gif Almost everybody's taller, so I shots get past by me rather easily.

On a sidenote, finished the first Classic Team matchup with the Bulls against the Charlotte Hornets. Thank god for MJ and his pump fake.

As for the Hornets - Muggsy Bogues, Larry Johnson, Gill, Curry and Alonzo Mourning... All very much lifelike. Impressive.

Tried my hands on the Lakers with Magic Johnson against Clyde Drexler's Trailblazers. But boy, Drexler was on fire. Had no chance.

And I've noticed Magic does weird three-pointers.

Archived