Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Read on the net Sainsbury's are doing this for £33.99 where I was planning to get it as I have a voucher for it. Apprehension set in almost immediately.

Went to get this tonight and the bugger is sold out. :angry:

Can't be bothered to go into town - why did Borders and the GAME store inside have to shut down? :(

Inconvience this is.

http://www.pcgamer.c...olution-review/

Funniest review I've read in ages.

Downloadingnow, 84%, come on steaaaaaam!

I honestly feel sorry for any of you plebs getting this on console, it's going to look so bitching on my computer. :cool:

I bet it'll be looking superextravagantawesomeohmygod on your pimped laptop, but I do rejoice the fact that getting achievements is a much more fulfilling task.

It's not all about graphics, biatch. cool.gif

Ordered my copy yesterday. XBOX360 stylee.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/deus-ex-human-revolution-review/

Funniest review I've read in ages.

Downloadingnow, 84%, come on steaaaaaam!

I honestly feel sorry for any of you plebs getting this on console, it's going to look so bitching on my computer. :cool:

It'll look decent on a 32" screen once I get a copy of the game! :P

Besides, you'll need to download this drive, that drive, directx version 10abcdef or g, this patch, that patch and it might work. lol

It'll look decent on a 32" screen once I get a copy of the game! :P

Besides, you'll need to download this drive, that drive, directx version 10abcdef or g, this patch, that patch and it might work. lol

To be honest mate unless you're sat 20ft away from the screen it really, really won't. The resolution on a top-end PC usually makes the games look a lot better.

Having said that, I play on 360. :whistle:

I bet it'll be looking superextravagantawesomeohmygod on your pimped laptop, but I do rejoice the fact that getting achievements is a much more fulfilling task.

It's not all about graphics, biatch. cool.gif

Ordered my copy yesterday. XBOX360 stylee.

... you realise there are achievements on Steam, right? And a huge Steam community, just like Live?

AND the joys of mouse-keyboard controls, the controls for FPS!

Sorry, console gamers, but Deus Ex was, is and always will be a PC title!

... you realise there are achievements on Steam, right? And a huge Steam community, just like Live?

And here's me thinking it's all about the graphics on PCs. whistle.gif

Yeah, PC for the win!

Rather than make this a 360 v PC fanboys thread, could we all stick to the thread title please...?

Like, how is the game as I still don't have it! lol

Only played it for about an hour or so, haven't made much progression but I have got to say it's a great game.

Rather than make this a 360 v PC fanboys thread, could we all stick to the thread title please...?

Like, how is the game as I still don't have it! lol

I'm about ten hours in, it's fantastic.

Best first person RPG I've played since the original Deus Ex. Pisses over Elder Scrolls & Fallout 3, in my opinion.

Only draw back is it isn't sand box but, to be honest, having a few more limited city settings allows them to put more thorough detail in to what they've got. I think it benefits.

Top game.

I like it. But, the AI is shocking. Enemies don't see you and you can run in to an airvent at their feet and they do nothing. Its a bit of shame when they have created such a complex game that such an amount of simple things dont work right. You can walk up to people with your gun pointed at them and nothing, then shoot a box that is in your way and they chase after you, a little silly.

i'd give it 7.5/10 (could have been 9 if the AI was better)

I think the AI is fine, personally, especially in a fight.

I think in order to make a stealth game work, you need to have a slightly unrealistic AI engine to make the game fun and they've done that.

I don't know if you're playing on the easiest difficulty setting but I've found staying hidden for entire missions to be immensely challenging and has required several re-loads, only for me usually to end up giving up and going loud anyway. You might be able to sneak in to the odd air-vent a bit too close to someone but other than that? Eh. S'fine I think.

Anybody who has played the original will appreciate this title.

So far I am impressed with it and it has brought back some fond memories of the original.

The atmosphere of the game is so Deus Ex, it's really quite distinctive - I especially liked the guys whistling the original Deux Ex track whilst finding my way through the backstreets. Nice touch.

I haven't got too far into it but from what I can tell the AI isn't off - it's Deus Ex, get seen and forget it, goodbye. It would appear to me that hacking is a major part of the game, I've done 3 upgrades on that already.

Two side missions down and into the 2 mains now following leads in the police station...

It's all good.

More to follow... :thumbup:

Archived