Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Anybody who has played the original will appreciate this title.

So far I am impressed with it and it has brought back some fond memories of the original.

The atmosphere of the game is so Deus Ex, it's really quite distinctive - I especially liked the guys whistling the original Deux Ex track whilst finding my way through the backstreets. Nice touch.

I haven't got too far into it but from what I can tell the AI isn't off - it's Deus Ex, get seen and forget it, goodbye. It would appear to me that hacking is a major part of the game, I've done 3 upgrades on that already.

Two side missions down and into the 2 mains now following leads in the police station...

It's all good.

More to follow... :thumbup:

I burst out leaughing when I heard that... there are so many easter eggs in this game :thumbup:

Awsome game but i have come across a bug on one of the begining side missions called Motherly Ties. Basically i have all the evidence and cant go no further with completing the mission.

I looked it up and others our having the same problem.

Hears a link to the problem i and others may be having...no solution yet though <_<

Awsome game but i have come across a bug on one of the begining side missions called Motherly Ties. Basically i have all the evidence and cant go no further with completing the mission.

I looked it up and others our having the same problem.

That's odd. I completed this mission, no problem. :huh:

I take it you're running the 360 version?

Did you download the game to your HDD?

So far, no worries for me having downloaded to the HDD which eliminates some of the download times between areas in-game.

Found this...

Glitch Alert: Locate Detective Wagner in the police lobby before doing any other part of this quest. Avoid killing him when in the police station if the situation comes up. If Wagner is left to later he will glitch out and the mission cannot be completed.

That ought to solve your problem! :thumbup:

That's odd. I completed this mission, no problem. :huh:

I take it you're running the 360 version?

Did you download the game to your HDD?

So far, no worries for me having downloaded to the HDD which eliminates some of the download times between areas in-game.

Yeah mate running on 360 :thumbup:

I havent downloaded it to HDD though, i will do that tonight to try and speed the load times up though.

Found this...

That ought to solve your problem! :thumbup:

Thanks for that. I do know the police officer your on about because he was one you had to speak to about the mission before hand so i did see him before. However i did go back there and he has dissapeared :dunno:

Bit of a pain really as i have continued further into the game and will be annoying to restart from a previous save (if i can even get back to that point) or start again :angry:

This game is absolute quality. Can't put it down.

I'm now at the point where I'm tracking down Elisa in the newsroom building place. I'm thinking I must be near boss number two.

The augs are brilliant. I am now a hacker genius and in one cool move pulled off a cloak behind two guards and then a freefall down an escalator shaft with another. That was cool. :cool:

This game is best played without the FPS elements imo. Sneak, hack and knock people out. Just like MGS.

This and DS2. Definate contenders for the best of this year. Of course, AC:R and Skyrim might change that. :)

I'm now at the point where I'm tracking down Elisa in the newsroom building place. I'm thinking I must be near boss number two.

The augs are brilliant. I am now a hacker genius and in one cool move pulled off a cloak behind two guards and then a freefall down an escalator shaft with another. That was cool. :cool:

This game is best played without the FPS elements imo. Sneak, hack and knock people out. Just like MGS.

This and DS2. Definate contenders for the best of this year. Of course, AC:R and Skyrim might change that. :)

I agree, its an imence game. I also play it the same way rather then guns blazing.

And your right again...Skyrim will change that :thumbup:

You're very near to the 2nd boss, she's a right bitch to beat as well!

I played it until the first boss fight and haven't been on it since. I mean boss fights? Really?

We've all gone "ugghh" at the boss fights, but letting that put you off is a mistake. It might knock the game down from a 10 to a 9 but it's still excellent.

I think there's four in total but they're spaced throughout hours and hours and hours of play.

We've all gone "ugghh" at the boss fights, but letting that put you off is a mistake. It might knock the game down from a 10 to a 9 but it's still excellent.

I think there's four in total but they're spaced throughout hours and hours and hours of play.

I've just done the 2nd, they're a right pain. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's that. All finished. :thumbup:

Contemplating another play through on the hardest setting, without killing anyone (apart from bosses) and no alarms. 300G for that alone. I'm a little bit miffed at only managing 29 of 49 achievements as I felt I checked out every nook and cranny to find all the side quests.

Ah well... :rolleyes:

As for the game itself, very good. As good as the original. The bosses are way too easy though. Typhoon everything and it takes mere seconds.

I need something more hardcore. Dark Souls out in two weeks! That is supposed to be tough. We'll see... :giggle:

Archived