Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Xbox Flashing

Note: to play legal backups only.

Anyone know how to do this?

Could you get in touch ?

You can get banned for this should you play online. Also every xbox update you would need to update your firmware.

My xbox has been flashed for over a year, so when people say you can get banned, you wont providing your sensible, wait until there confirmed safe and dont play games stupidly early before release. Go on xboxscene, there are TONS of tutorials and what to do, also check out youtube. ABGX is a good site to tell you where games are safe to play etc. It's not hard to flash your xbox but you do need a bit of pc knowledge and common sense to get through it.

My xbox has been flashed for over a year, so when people say you can get banned, you wont providing your sensible, wait until there confirmed safe and dont play games stupidly early before release. Go on xboxscene, there are TONS of tutorials and what to do, also check out youtube. ABGX is a good site to tell you where games are safe to play etc. It's not hard to flash your xbox but you do need a bit of pc knowledge and common sense to get through it.

This is true although if you keep your finger on the pulse and update your flashed firmware when the new versions are released then you're normally fine as these normally counter any of Microsoft's new security measures.

Yup, plus the amount of money you save from games means if your xbox gets banned it doesnt matter. I've probably had about 100+ games, if you count that as £40 for each new release, i've saved £4,000 in games, especially when you can get xbox's for like 100-200 quid.

Yup, plus the amount of money you save from games means if your xbox gets banned it doesnt matter. I've probably had about 100+ games, if you count that as £40 for each new release, i've saved £4,000 in games, especially when you can get xbox's for like 100-200 quid.

Yeah I've been quite lucky, I had one of very early models which eventually had got a RROD and the replacement I bought had the overheating fix and was about the latest model to the month that I could have bought that would have been flashable.

I thought id been an idiot and bought an unflashable xbox. Opinion seems split on whether flashable or not. I think I have the 0225 drive. Not opened it to check yet.

Anyone be prepared to help me out with getting it done? I think I'd bugger it up. I'm in maidstone. Having seen Kent enter the fray I'm hoping he's in Kent and can help me!

I thought id been an idiot and bought an unflashable xbox. Opinion seems split on whether flashable or not. I think I have the 0225 drive. Not opened it to check yet.

Anyone be prepared to help me out with getting it done? I think I'd bugger it up. I'm in maidstone. Having seen Kent enter the fray I'm hoping he's in Kent and can help me!

Sorry mate, live in LE10. Dunno what my mum was thinking though.

No you dont, not if you dont use it online

Ive had the same firmware for about 4 years

Yes you do if you want to play the latest games.

Does the current method involve any physical changes ie drilling or extra hardware?

With your drive yes, a new pcb or some soldering at the very least.

on a side note, maybe red5 knows. I have my xbox flashed and never use live etc. some games I have played previously now longer play. Is this because a game I have played recently required an update? Has it altered my Firmware?

Its possible, but its more likely to be caused by the disk than anything else

try copying it again,on a fresh dvd-9

Archived