Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJMadness29

views on netbooks?

Hi all

The laptop has gone kerputted so looking for something new. Needs to be cheapish as funds are tight at the minute.

What are peoples views on notebooks? I know they've only got a small memory but I've got an external hard drive for that. Any help would be appreciative as using me phone all the time is doing me head it.

Ta

Dan

Ive been using a laptop as my main comp for 2 years and perfectly happy with it.. but also have a notebook for easy travelling... couldnt imagine using it permanently, too slow, keys too small and general usage is a hassle.

Go for a cheap 15inch lappy IMO

I have a netbook (not notebook) and a desktop. I use the netbook whenever I need it, such as going away on an plane/train, in an airport/train station or if I go downstairs at home etc.

Anyway, the netbook is good for simple storage and simple tasks, such as web browsing or just basic office work, not for activities such as playing high demand games. Obviously netbooks don't have internal optical drives either, and they are not as upgradeable as a desktop which I like to play around with.

Choose wisely...

Sorry, ment netbook.

My main usage is internet and iplayer and occasionally something on word.

Have a desktop for downloading stuff but got stung and got the .exe virus thing and just haven't got round to trying to fix it.

Are they a lot slower than a laptop then?

Archived