Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Problem with PS3/TV

I have this problem but I don't know if it is the television or playstation 3. I turn the PS3 on and there is no dispay.

I have:

. Switched HDMI cables and it didn't resolve the issue (not a cabling issue then)

. Used the PS3 on a different television and it comes on and works fine (not a PS3 problem then)

. Changed the televisions power cable which didn't resolve my problem (not a tv problem then)

. Reset the PS3 display settings by holding down the power button on start up which did not resolve the problem.

On start up though, the tv does flicker when the HDMI channel and PS3 is on. The tv works fine, except when playing the PS3. Can it still be the tv? Does anyone have a suggestion or has faced this problem before? I don't know what else to try now.

Any help would be grateful. Many thanks all and good evening.

sorry mate, not sure. mine has some massive white bar at the top of the screen which is getting bigger and almost covers 1/3 of the screen now!

i making your ps3 corrupt then restoring all data, and if it still doesnt work tho, contact song.

mine went corrupt after it had half loaded up fifa but i pressed the eject button by accident. the screen went blanked so i flicked the power on and off. then when i turned the PS3 back on it said it was corupt and i had to restore previous settings from the EA website.

sorry mate.

It's a long shot but have you gone from av to hdmi? If you have turn on you ps3 wait 10 seconds then hold the reset button until it beeps and restarts. This should reset the av/hdmi source and it may work

if this is the case then the above will work :thumbup:

Do you have more than 1 HDMI port? Could try hooking up something else using the same cable and port and see if that works.

Just got the one HDMI port. I will try the second bit though.

sorry mate.

Its alright, its not your fault.

It's a long shot but have you gone from av to hdmi? If you have turn on you ps3 wait 10 seconds then hold the reset button until it beeps and restarts. This should reset the av/hdmi source and it may work

I'll try that as well.

Archived