Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

PES 12 demo is out.

Yeah it's out in September for Xbox users, should have mentioned that haha.

It seems pretty good, we're never going to get PES6 with HD graphics so I've lowered my expectations. Still has that horrible stuck in the mud feeling the last few have had but I think I'll get it purely because I've gone like 4 years without a football game and just need one.

Yeah it's out in September for Xbox users, should have mentioned that haha.

It seems pretty good, we're never going to get PES6 with HD graphics so I've lowered my expectations. Still has that horrible stuck in the mud feeling the last few have had but I think I'll get it purely because I've gone like 4 years without a football game and just need one.

o_rly.jpg

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Quality Game, probably get it for about £2 now.

How did Konami cock it up? Whilst PES was leaps and bounds ahead of FIFA in gameplay I hear it's now cack.

The last one I had was PES5 on my old PS2, but FIFA11 came with my PS3 and I've stuck with that - it seems much closer to PES gameplay than the old FIFAs that I remember, but still not as fluid and intuitive as my old PES5.

So is PES worse now, or is it just people who want real player teams and names have decided FIFA is better for that simple reason?

Cos I'll take realistic gameplay over realistic names anyday.

How did Konami cock it up? Whilst PES was leaps and bounds ahead of FIFA in gameplay I hear it's now cack.

The last one I had was PES5 on my old PS2, but FIFA11 came with my PS3 and I've stuck with that - it seems much closer to PES gameplay than the old FIFAs that I remember, but still not as fluid and intuitive as my old PES5.

So is PES worse now, or is it just people who want real player teams and names have decided FIFA is better for that simple reason?

Cos I'll take realistic gameplay over realistic names anyday.

PES is the same game it was six years ago. FIFA is not.

o_rly.jpg

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Quality Game, probably get it for about £2 now.

I had it, it was shocking and nothing like the PS2 version (they stripped all the edit features out which made the original so good) but by today's standards it was amazing.

PES is the same game it was six years ago. FIFA is not.

IS. IT. BOLLOCKS.

They've gone down the ultra realistic route, rather than the fun, arcadey PES6 style which made them so popular. It is nothing like it used to be anymore, PES and FIFA are really close in terms of gameplay than people like to admit. The stuck in the mud gameplay is not as fun. :(

Saying that, I'm going to buy PES 12 because I need a football game, havn't had one for years.

I had it, it was shocking and nothing like the PS2 version (they stripped all the edit features out which made the original so good) but by today's standards it was amazing.

IS. IT. BOLLOCKS.

They've gone down the ultra realistic route, rather than the fun, arcadey PES6 style which made them so popular. It is nothing like it used to be anymore, PES and FIFA are really close in terms of gameplay than people like to admit. The stuck in the mud gameplay is not as fun. :(

Saying that, I'm going to buy PES 12 because I need a football game, havn't had one for years.

perhaps six years was an exageration I was obviously talkng about the HD versions of the game which have not moved on at all, they haven't even got 360 dribbling into the game yet which why the gane feels "stuck in the mud" as you call it or "absloutley appauling" as I would call it.

I have just been playing on PES6.

Probably the greatest football game ever.

I also have PES5 which runs it close.

It is such a shame they never made it better.

PES used to be the football game everyone played but the one after PES was so shockingly bad! FIFA is, and will be the best football game from now on

So xbox users should be getting this demo on Thursday right?

By the sounds of it, you probably don't want it :P

PES should release this before FIFA, so people who are impatient will buy it and then sack it off when FIFA comes out. PES won't care if their game is being played, as they have the consumers' money as they've already bought it!!

I thought it was a big improvement on previous games. The passing is better and the flow of the game is good. You can actually take shots from outside the area that look good now as well.

My only issues was that the finishing was hard and i missed lots of sitters.

But that could be me

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded it and Konami can say what they like but this from the demo is still very average... This demo is meant to be more or less the full release game aswell so if that's the case i think you should probably just give up now Konami you can't make good footie games anymore!

Archived