Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DorsetFox9

Just Smashed My iPad 2 Screen! :(

I got a free replacement when I cracked my iPhone screen. It was still under warranty, but I walked in and they checked the unique number in settings. They said it would cost £130 to replace, do I want to go ahead. I said yes and the woman said, for one time only, I'll waiver the fee and gave me a new one for free :blink:

I got a free replacement when I cracked my iPhone screen. It was still under warranty, but I walked in and they checked the unique number in settings. They said it would cost £130 to replace, do I want to go ahead. I said yes and the woman said, for one time only, I'll waiver the fee and gave me a new one for free :blink:

yup, i rang them up and the guy said it would cost me £206. i literally just laughed in his face, wonder where they get the £6 from, the fooking screen only cost £40 to buy from sellers, they will get them for like 20p, i then rang the apple store i bought it from,and they asked me to book an appointment, and they guy mentioned a possible "Good will gesture" by replacing it for free. so i hope its the latter! lol

She wanted you.

How the frig do you smash the screen? Something that expensive would have a case on it for sure if it was mine. I'd treat it like a new born baby.

Yeah, but they took the OP's baby away from him.

P.S. can the OP please change his inaccurate name please?

How the frig do you smash the screen? Something that expensive would have a case on it for sure if it was mine. I'd treat it like a new born baby.

Dropped it out of my pocket, which had a case on the back and side, but it fell face down and landed on a stone :( Since that I've got a new case that has those sort of raised sides, so if it landed flat the screen is raised before it touches the floor due to the side of the case. If the floor is raised though, like a stone, it'll be useless :ermm:

thought i would update you all! i got a FREE replacement after 20 minutes or discussions, they were adamant that a "good will gesture replacement" was not possible and nothing such existed. 5 minutes later after asking me to pay £184 and offering to pay half for me etc, he said that they will do a "good will gesture replacement" this one time. if its your first acidental damage, then if you pester enough they will give it to you, just make sure you keep mentioning that you know a few people who have had free replacements and you don't see why you should have to pay. the guy took me into a corner and was pretty much whispering to me, as the shop was PACKED. just make sure you speak normally so everyone or anyone can hear what you are saying. no matter what they say, they DO have a power to replace any iDevice free or charge if they want to.

Apple products and services are a joke.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

:unsure:lol.

I have apple care(a sound investment!) and they fixed my laptop in a couple of days, it would of cost £400 without the care. They also gave me a brand new keyboard and trackpad even though it was just the on button that was faulty lol.

I Have had two iphones replaced free of charge, mainly because its easier for them to replace than to fix it for you and go through the hassle of your upset.

Their service is fantastic

Their products are fantastic

Their staff are attentive and knowledgeable

Shit over any other electrical retailer shop.

:unsure:lol.

I have apple care(a sound investment!) and they fixed my laptop in a couple of days, it would of cost £400 without the care. They also gave me a brand new keyboard and trackpad even though it was just the on button that was faulty lol.

I Have had two iphones replaced free of charge, mainly because its easier for them to replace than to fix it for you and go through the hassle of your upset.

Their service is fantastic

Their products are fantastic

Their staff are attentive and knowledgeable

Shit over any other electrical retailer shop.

lol.... so your apple laptop has broken, and two of your apple iphones have broken... does this cause you to question the statement "their products are fantastic"

Ive had a a compaq lappy that is running near on 24 hours a day and has never missed a beat and a samsung mobile/smartphone that has been faultless since i got it. No need for any aftercare investments.

Apple products used to be clever, advanced and special...now, same as everyone else but costs more and offers less reliability.

lol.... so your apple laptop has broken, and two of your apple iphones have broken... does this cause you to question the statement "their products are fantastic"

Ive had a a compaq lappy that is running near on 24 hours a day and has never missed a beat and a samsung mobile/smartphone that has been faultless since i got it. No need for any aftercare investments.

Apple products used to be clever, advanced and special...now, same as everyone else but costs more and offers less reliability.

No i said I broke two iphones of my own fault and the nice men at baggage collection broke my Macbook :thumbup:

Archived