Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc

Dead Island

Anyone seen this game thats coming out this week? A zombie game that has you on a tropical island but it seems different from others in that it looks more like an RPG.

Build weapons and take on missions and side missions over the open map. It has 4 player co-op aswell. Seems like it might be a laugh with a few mates.

This game is receiving such mixed reviews. Edge magazine, although harsh at the best of times, gave it a 3. lol

This, Driver: San Fran - what is the point?

Demon Souls, Gears 3 etc makes Dead Island a pass until it lands in a bargain bin for £10 in about 2 months.

Btw, the trailer is meant to be extremely misleading as the game comes off far worse than is shown in it. A patch on day one release to address over 30 bugs speaks volumes.

Dead Island is getting rather panned by the critics, yet the gamers out there love it.

Still undecided. There's so many quality games coming out between now and Christmas, I think I'll also put this on a secondary wishlist.

Read through the Top Ten sales of games on any platform through history and you'll find the dross floating to the top (much like music and films.)

You can't trust Joe Public, he's out to get you!

Unfortunately their goal of creating an epic, apocalyptic first-person zombie survival gameends up cracking under the weight of their own ambition. A smaller scale and some more time in development and Dead Island could have been the zombie game we've always wanted.
Missions generally consist of bludgeoning your way from A to B; sometimes you'll have to retrieve an item, sometimes you'll have to flick a switch. Take away the specifics though and it boils down to walking across an island of hungry corpses and back again nine times out of ten.

Pass...

It's gotten rave reviews on the PC, Metacritic score in the 80s. The few rare negative reviews have been about bugs on release and they've actually been patched before the European release anyway.

Don't know what everyone's fussing about. :dunno:

I love my 360, it's a great console, and despite my jokes in the Deus Ex thread I'm far too ****ing old and easily don't give a toss enough to REALLY be some sort of PC vs Console nerd. But anyone who expected Dead Island to be as good on the XBoX or PlayStation as it is on a high end gaming PC is a complete lunatic. It's one of the few games that's very much from and for the PC market.

It's gotten rave reviews on the PC, Metacritic score in the 80s. The few rare negative reviews have been about bugs on release and they've actually been patched before the European release anyway.

Don't know what everyone's fussing about. :dunno:

I love my 360, it's a great console, and despite my jokes in the Deus Ex thread I'm far too ****ing old and easily don't give a toss enough to REALLY be some sort of PC vs Console nerd. But anyone who expected Dead Island to be as good on the XBoX or PlayStation as it is on a high end gaming PC is a complete lunatic. It's one of the few games that's very much from and for the PC market.

lol

I agree, but you are comparing just 5 PC reviews with 32 that have been written for the 360!

That's hardly a fair comparison!

lol

I agree, but you are comparing just 5 PC reviews with 32 that have been written for the 360!

That's hardly a fair comparison!

:dunno:

Still positive reviews, isn't it? Scan the web, there's plenty of people raving about it. I'm not sure why you seem to be so determined to laugh at the game and take joy in claiming it's shit when pretty much 99.9% of the negative press it's received so far is simply that it was released with bugs.

This happens occasionally.

I guarantee Dead Island'll be a hit in the long term. Once people start getting into the co-op it'll have the same cult following L4D did, I imagine. I know a LOT of people that are massively enthusiastic about it and IGN's USERS have so far given it a 9.0 based on numerous reviews.

My gamertag is "tadpole yoghurt" if anyone wants to play..

The dual co-op option is good.. Was playing on a very long tedious level yesterday when a yank jumped in and played co-op with me.. He had all the stuff as had already completed it.. Breezed through the level.. Even showed me where grenades etc were hidden.!!!

My advice to people playing it is to not fight every fight, sometimes the best option is to run..

Archived