Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Formula 1 2011

Really like this game. Played a couple of quick games on medium difficulty. It's hard to know when use the kers. Turned the ABS off. Tried turning the traction control down to medium and was sliding all over the place. Need to play around with the settings to get it how I like. The team chief guy is really annoying. Prefer the geordie guy on the last version.

Did Monte Carlo, which I hate, as I cannot drive on the tight street circuits. And I REALLY hated it as it was raining heavy

I Qualified 17th :thumbdown:

But I won the race... :blink:

I think Button or Massa had pole, but lost it in the first corner, which resulted in a massive pile up. The first 8 cars either crashed or slowed down, so I cut the corner, keeping one wheel on the track, and cut through into 5th. Then the Safety car came out, then I took advantage of it.

I started with the prime tyres, and changed to option which REALLY helped me.

I love this game :wub:

Also found a hilarious glitch with the safety car last night. It came out before we'd even got to the end of the first sector around Turkey, as we were being silly I thought id try go as slow as possible to get the safety car to catch back up to us. I basically came to a stand still and the car behind me overtook me. I decided to get back past him at turn 9 by cutting the chicane and it worked. Got a penalty for it but it worked. My mate then decided to cut the track at the final twisty part of the track and got past both me AND the safety car. He got a penalty and then was able to run off into the distance to create a gap that would make his penalty non effective. I then decided to cut the corner at turn 7 and got infront of the safety car. Got another penalty but I made enough of a gap to serve my penalties to come out without losing my 2nd place. Obviously you cant serve your penalties while the safety car is out but hilarious nonetheless.

Ive only just completed my first race because I was trying to get the difficulty right. In the end I qualified 17th with legendary difficulty and I finished 10th in the race on professional. The fact that I had to race hard to keep the pace during the whole race made it very enjoyable.

Oh, and I am in a Williams.

I have had F1 2011 since it came out & I'm playing at the Intermediate level. I'm driving a Williams in the Career mode.

The gameplay is very good, exactly what I expect! However the realism is spoilt I have found so far that, the difficulty of qualifing (the best I have qualified was 16th so far) and the easyness of racing! I have won a GP (Monza) in a Williams, now I know im only on the Intermediate level, but I can't understand why it's so hard to qualify well, but its easy to score points! The other cars seem to be 2 or 3 seconds per lap slower in the race than what they achieve in qualifying on this level.

Now I am not overly preficiant as yet, & I do not know the circuit layouts for the newer tracks, that is why my qualy times are up to a second off of my team mate. However I am 7th in the world championship with 2 races to go! I will finish 7th aswell because im 40 points off of Massa, and 30 points ahead of Heidfeld. Whats annoying me is that the offers I have had for next season are (came in this order aswell):

Williams

Virgin

Lotus

Hispania

Now in reality if a driver finished 7th in the championship in a Wiliams this season, I'd expect Mercedes or Renault to be sniffing around, but It's looking like another season in a Williams :/

In short it's a great game to play, let down by some unrealistic rewards for your achievements on the track. :thumbup:

Anyone up for a race sometime?

Could get a load of people and have a proper race. Rather than having a ram fest

360 or ps3?

If you are on 360 ill have a few races with you tomorrow. Missus has bagged the tv for most of tonight and i dont think i will be particularly good later on as this bottle of Smirnoff is getting lighter & lighter each time i refill.

Im not amazing at the game and have been playing forza since yesterday so may have to race a couple in career mode first to get back into the swing of it!! I find that this game requires 100% concentration at all times and races like no other driving game i have ever played.

o 0 STiXmaN 0 o

Archived