Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Dark Souls

The Capra demon is a nightmare, I did it about lvl 25 but summoned someone to help, first bit of advice is go in with your shield up or u will get butchered like I did, take out the two dogs straight away, I stood at the top of the stairs using magic and pyromancy and the person I summoned kept his attention down stairs. I'm facing smaller ones of them in the demon ruins atm as normal enemies.

The hydra ain't bad if you take out the crystal golems which is quite easy, there is a rock by the right hand side of the lake which u can stand behind and keep firing arrows without being touched or as I did, just walk in the water with ur shield up til it starts using it's heads and then just start butchering them til it's dead. A big help which I don't have yet is going back to the asylum which you can get to from the firelink shrine which has the rusty ring in it that gives you full movement in water.

As for the catacombs they are a breeze, I killed the boss in 2 fire orbs at level 46

how are you levelling up so much? ive spent about 7 hours on this and im stuck in undead burgh trying to find that bloody bell to ring :frusty:

One of the best places, early in the game to level up is the Darkroot Garden, get 20000 souls and purchase the Crest of Artorias from the blacksmith. This opens a door in the forest which will gain you around 6000-8000 souls every few minutes because everything you kill gets you 2000 souls. A bonfire is right next to the door as well which is behind a weak wall to the left of the door, just hit the wall and it should reveal a bonfire behind it.

Easy way to kill the ghosts in there is to run out get the ghosts to follow you and run up the stairs where you go in and drop down next to the cliff edge, they will follow you but drop off the edge must of the time. If they don't just repeat.

I'm struggling with the Capra Demon and the Hydra. I've done everything else until this point apart from heading down the catacombs.

I'm level 45 warrior with drake sword and grass shield. I just got the ring that allows u to carry loads more, but still can't take down the 2 bosses above. Any tips?

I completed the Capra Demon on my second try. This was when I was sub lvl 20. :thumbup:

It's strange how we all struggle with completely different elements of this game. Someone finds something a breeze and yet the next person finds it rock solid. lol

As for the Capra Demon, use the stairs. Run up the stairs, he will follow, jump down and heal if needed. If not, follow back round to the stairs and you should do it quick enough to land blows down on him from above before he circles to follow you. It's not easy but if you are quick you might just do it.

I completed the Capra Demon on my second try. This was when I was sub lvl 20. :thumbup:

It's strange how we all struggle with completely different elements of this game. Someone finds something a breeze and yet the next person finds it rock solid. lol

As for the Capra Demon, use the stairs. Run up the stairs, he will follow, jump down and heal if needed. If not, follow back round to the stairs and you should do it quick enough to land blows down on him from above before he circles to follow you. It's not easy but if you are quick you might just do it.

Yep I agree I did the Capra demon first time but finding the gaping dragon very difficult.

The gaping dragon only really uses 2 moves, just keep circling it and wait for it to run into a wall, hit and repeat, you can use the 2 npc summons, remember to cut off it's tail as it gives u a nice weapon and stay away from the acid it spews out

Yep keeping the distance and waiting for it to charge worked, also retrieved the axe weapon for taking it's tail. Had one of the worst things happen to me in the game though, had my life halved by one of the frog like things! And had to find a merchant that sold the stone which cures the curse took me a good hour or so! Once I found the merchant I bought an additional two stones.

Yep I agree I did the Capra demon first time but finding the gaping dragon very difficult.

It all must depend on your character build. I found the gaping dragon to be very easy. Did him first try.

I'm now up to level 54 and have got past the spider boss n rang the 2nd bell. I'm now in a zone with snake head people. Might go to the catacombs ad I'm yet to go there.

It's such a good game. I'll definitely play through again with another character.

This is how it was for me too. Took me a while to do the dragon.

To make it easier go two handed with the drake sword and you'll be able to land some decent blows with a couple of combos.

This is when I gained my 25000 souls and then promptly lost 20000 of them at the forest entrance.

I'm still trying to rectify that horrendous error of judgement and it's taken me almost an hour and a half to get together 13000 souls. Hopefully this will be worth it because of what is the other side of that door!

This is how it was for me too. Took me a while to do the dragon.

To make it easier go two handed with the drake sword and you'll be able to land some decent blows with a couple of combos.

This is when I gained my 25000 souls and then promptly lost 20000 of them at the forest entrance.

I'm still trying to rectify that horrendous error of judgement and it's taken me almost an hour and a half to get together 13000 souls. Hopefully this will be worth it because of what is the other side of that door!

It will take you less than 10 minutes to gain 20000 souls once you get the door unlocked, so it's worth it.

I used the ladder near the hydra to take the back way into the forest to make up the 20k of souls needed n jus kept rolling off the cliff and repeating til I had enough to get through the door.

Has anybody else found the secret crystal golem past the ladder near the hydra that turns into a npc once slain?

I used the ladder near the hydra to take the back way into the forest to make up the 20k of souls needed n jus kept rolling off the cliff and repeating til I had enough to get through the door.

Has anybody else found the secret crystal golem past the ladder near the hydra that turns into a npc once slain?

Nope, didn't really explore that route much, just took the back entrance of the forest back to the bonfire, I will have to take a look again and find it. Oh I saw a giant rat thing which rolls about, didn't take it on though.

Took out the butterfly boss today, no problem. Levelled up a lot on the guys past the stone door but have now signed a convenant and they're all friendly.

I decided to try and take on the hydra but found this too difficult so headed up towards that tower. However, there is a rock solid bloke behind the door there and he is impossible. Huge axe, two hits, dead.

So I thought I'd try going back to the asylum and took on the stray demon there. Died. 5 times.

So then I thought I'd try Blighttown instead but died straight away thanks to some club guy.

Currently lvl 36 knight. Options? Preferably the easiest... lol

There is no bell in the undead burg, the first boss is the Taurus demon who I could tell you how to beat in under a minute

Xbox: Bare Soul

I beat him under a minute myself, was very easy compared to most aspects of the game i am facing. I have just got to them damn gargoyle things on the roof of the church...any tips??? :frusty:

How do you return to undead asylum?

From the firelink shrine take the elevator back to the parish. As soon as you get inside the elevator and it starts to rise, walk out of it through a window and around to the right. You will be on a grassy ledge and you have to jump across to the narrow piece of wall which if you follow upwards goes through an archway. The tricky part here is actually pulling the jump off. I have failed a few times but if you do fail there are four chests directly beneath you that contain some decent items which are worth picking up anyway.

To jump, start a sprint, release the button and press it again straight away and you will do a jump.

When you go up through the archway, follow the stairs, twice, and you will end up at the eagles nest. Curl up into a ball and wait. Wait for about a minute. Then it comes and takes you off back to the undead asylum.

Be warned. The stray demon in the asylum is impossible. It is for me (lvl 39 knight). However, you can skip this part by walking around the outside of the hall you fought the original demon at, camp at the fire and then go about picking up the crest shield (huge magic resistance) and a rusty iron ring (allows running in water). Both are highly effective for taking out the hydra which I had no problem with the other day. :thumbup:

Oh, and the black knights here are solid. Took out one, but the other is really tough.

Took out the hydra already still seem like handy items, think I will be heading there next. Oh my fire keeper in firelink shrine was murdered so got no bonfire there anymore. Hopefully I can get her back. I think releasing someone earlier in the game killed her so watch out for that one. I'm Lvl 60 so hopefully things should be a little easier.

Yeh you get a item from her that will vibrate when your in his area, use the item and you will invade his world to kill him, be warned he has friends

Who is this guy?

Is it the one who you free from the top of the parish?

I am in Blighttown at the moment. So far it's been pretty straight forward. The dart people are a nuisance though. I'm at the second bonfire, made my way up the wooden structure and found the key to Anor Londo. I took out a club guy and then unfortunately for me upset two more and they both came at me. Too much at once. lol

Where is this bell?

Who is this guy?

Is it the one who you free from the top of the parish?

I am in Blighttown at the moment. So far it's been pretty straight forward. The dart people are a nuisance though. I'm at the second bonfire, made my way up the wooden structure and found the key to Anor Londo. I took out a club guy and then unfortunately for me upset two more and they both came at me. Too much at once. lol

Where is this bell?

The bell is right at the bottom of your descent. Unfortunately there is a nasty boss between you and there, Little tip for you, once you get to the swamp at the bottom stay to the right wall as you head right as you will find a handy bonfire to help you in this area. The boss is quite tough, I took advantage of 2 summoned players and owned it but on your own it can be very difficult.

Archived