Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Dark Souls

The bell is right at the bottom of your descent. Unfortunately there is a nasty boss between you and there, Little tip for you, once you get to the swamp at the bottom stay to the right wall as you head right as you will find a handy bonfire to help you in this area. The boss is quite tough, I took advantage of 2 summoned players and owned it but on your own it can be very difficult.

Yes, the spider boss right?

Been reading up on it, apparently a shield with fire resistance makes it easier too.

It would appear by taking the upwards path from the swamp I was heading towards the valley of the drakes. I visited it briefly before, around 15 seconds, before turning around and running away with something spewing lightning at me! lol

Once the bell is rung, what happens next?

It's worth just grabbing the armour beyond the boss in demons ruins, I managed it and got away.... Good armour good resistance to everything, The boss won't wake up until you snatch the armour, i just ran like hell back to the White door.

It's worth just grabbing the armour beyond the boss in demons ruins, I managed it and got away.... Good armour good resistance to everything, The boss won't wake up until you snatch the armour, i just ran like hell back to the White door.

If you run back along the cliffside to the White door and let him chase you ( you may have to heal a few times ) he will try and punch you when your by the door and just smack his arm a few times and he'll fall down a pit. Boss done.

If you run back along the cliffside to the White door and let him chase you ( you may have to heal a few times ) he will try and punch you when your by the door and just smack his arm a few times and he'll fall down a pit. Boss done.

Awesome cheers, going to try that one...

Yes, I have done this. Although quite cheap, I'll take anything in this game to lighten the difficulty!

The spider boss was also a piece of cake. Done on second attempt. Ceaseless Discharge - on the first of course. :thumbup:

I've just noticed the six? taurus demons in the valley floor. I think I'll come back later... :ph34r:

I am now lvl 49. The game is really beginning to take off now. The armour set next to the ceaseless discharge is absolutely mental. The speed my character has now is quality. Unfortunately, someone has put out the fire lady at the firelink shrine and I picked up some stuff from where she was. She is now gone.

I am putting the falchion? (curved sword) through lots of upgrades. If you combine a +10 blade with Quelaags soul you end up with just about the most powerful sword in the game. :thumbup:

The Iron Golem is extremely tough IF you LOCK ONTO HIM.

Do not do that. :thumbup:

No lock on and he is a piece of cake.

I locked him and after dying the first couple of times whilst working out his attacks found it very easy to just run through his legs hit him twice and then repeat the running through his legs.

I'm really struggling with the stray demon.

I locked him and after dying the first couple of times whilst working out his attacks found it very easy to just run through his legs hit him twice and then repeat the running through his legs.

I'm really struggling with the stray demon.

I can't do the stray demon yet either.

I'm going to clear Anor Londo and then the secret areas of Blighttown and try again then.

I'm lvl 52 now and the drake sword is beginning to become a little lightweight. I'm going to upgrade my +10 curved blade with Quelaags soul and end up with an extremely good sword. :thumbup:

There is one section in Anor Londo which was a real pain. The stint from the 2nd bonfire to the 3rd is tough. The black knight archers with me perched on a very narrow path were extremely irritating. After many attempts at this, I ran past everything asap and made it to the ledge where somehow I fluked it and got past the guy.

Still haven't made it to the blacksmith yet to upgrade my falchion +10 though. :angry:

I had a wander through the painting as well and that was infuriating to get through. I ended up not taking on the dragon and not taking on the final boss thinking it would be a good idea to come back later.

There is one section in Anor Londo which was a real pain. The stint from the 2nd bonfire to the 3rd is tough. The black knight archers with me perched on a very narrow path were extremely irritating. After many attempts at this, I ran past everything asap and made it to the ledge where somehow I fluked it and got past the guy.

Still haven't made it to the blacksmith yet to upgrade my falchion +10 though. :angry:

I had a wander through the painting as well and that was infuriating to get through. I ended up not taking on the dragon and not taking on the final boss thinking it would be a good idea to come back later.

I've found Anor Londo OK so far, I've just arrived at the 2 bosses smorgh and his mate. whats handy is that i've opened all the shortcuts to the blacksmith. unfortunately i've ran out of large titanite shards. so only have my weapons and shield up to about +6. ive loads of chunks and a slab, are they worth breaking down or is there a place where you can farm for large shards?

I need to go back to the hollow place but got cursed before. any items worth having/using?

I've found Anor Londo OK so far, I've just arrived at the 2 bosses smorgh and his mate. whats handy is that i've opened all the shortcuts to the blacksmith. unfortunately i've ran out of large titanite shards. so only have my weapons and shield up to about +6. ive loads of chunks and a slab, are they worth breaking down or is there a place where you can farm for large shards?

I need to go back to the hollow place but got cursed before. any items worth having/using?

The large titanite shards you mention are needed to upgrade past +5. You can farm these from the slimes which hang on the ceiling in the passageway leading to the sewers in the depths. The area past the kitchen, there is a long passageway with water in it and at the far end is another passageway leading to the bonfire. You must remember it! Just keep farming there and respawn everything using the bonfire.

Initially I got a drop on 1 in 3 attempts. This got worse though until on one go I managed three shards in a single run. You farm large titanite shards and also green ones. I did this a lot. Ended up with about 4000 souls, getting 100 souls on each run. Do the maths! :thumbup:

The large titanite shards you mention are needed to upgrade past +5. You can farm these from the slimes which hang on the ceiling in the passageway leading to the sewers in the depths. The area past the kitchen, there is a long passageway with water in it and at the far end is another passageway leading to the bonfire. You must remember it! Just keep farming there and respawn everything using the bonfire.

Initially I got a drop on 1 in 3 attempts. This got worse though until on one go I managed three shards in a single run. You farm large titanite shards and also green ones. I did this a lot. Ended up with about 4000 souls, getting 100 souls on each run. Do the maths! :thumbup:

I know the place you mean, I did a little there yesterday. Got a few alright. Although wasn't getting souls for killing the slimes.

I got my quelaags sword upgrade and have it up to +4. it's ok but apparently needs u to have humanity to give it more power. Therefore my black nights halberd +3 still beats it hands down. I take down the giants in anor londo with 3 hits.

I'm struggling to find out where to go now without consulting a guide. I've just cleared ash lake which was a dead end might head to valley of the drakes.

I know the place you mean, I did a little there yesterday. Got a few alright. Although wasn't getting souls for killing the slimes.

I got my quelaags sword upgrade and have it up to +4. it's ok but apparently needs u to have humanity to give it more power. Therefore my black nights halberd +3 still beats it hands down. I take down the giants in anor londo with 3 hits.

I'm struggling to find out where to go now without consulting a guide. I've just cleared ash lake which was a dead end might head to valley of the drakes.

Valley of the drakes acts a hub type area to get from and to other places. I have taken all the gear the dragon is keeping watch over but haven't ventured over the large bridge yet.

As for my character, I'm now at lvl 62 with my knight. I have Quelaags furysword+2, estus+2, pyromancy+11 and the full havel armour set. I took a brief trip into the catacombs and breezed it but left. I need to head back into Blighttown and complete all the dead end areas there. Then I'll head back to Anor Londo and finish off the two bosses there hopefully.

I tried Sif but only gave it a couple of tries. With more persistence and concentration he'll be easy.

I tried the black knight halberd but felt it was too slow. The furysword is very quick in comparison.

35 hours in now. :thumbup:

Stuck on the boss fight in Anor Londo, just seems impossible!!! Can't take them both down, on my own

I haven't tried this yet but have pretty much done everything up to this point.

What levels are you?

I have a lvl62 knight with estus+2, pyromancy+15, quelaags fireblade+3, havels armour set. You need to be tanked up with defences on this one as well. An eagle shield maxed out should help.

Lots of strategies out there to try. Definately summon soltaire. Take out the lightning guy first, the second phase is easier against the other one.

Like I said I haven't tried it yet. Grind away elsewhere first and it should be easy. That's what I'm banking on. I need to do Ash Lake, finish the Ceaseless D. area and I'm back to Anor Londo. I tried the Catacombs and that appeared to be easy enough as well.

Lvl70, estus+2 Pyromancy I haven't really bothered with infact i don't use magic at all. Got a Raw Halberd +4 which does serious damage, so manage to take half of the lightning guys life in about 5-6 hits, it's just difficult to stay out the way. Got Elite Knight Armour +8 and the knight shield +8.

I think I'm going to summon Soltaire, it may be the only way I'm going to do this.

Lvl70, estus+2 Pyromancy I haven't really bothered with infact i don't use magic at all. Got a Raw Halberd +4 which does serious damage, so manage to take half of the lightning guys life in about 5-6 hits, it's just difficult to stay out the way. Got Elite Knight Armour +8 and the knight shield +8.

I think I'm going to summon Soltaire, it may be the only way I'm going to do this.

You could try the lightning spear. I have that up to +4. The Halberd does huge damage but it is so slow - I don't like it too much. Plus the lightning guy is pretty quick so I'm guessing he'll be difficult to hit and then dodge quickly enough.

I still haven't tried this yet. I will give it a whirl tomorrow, though I now have Skyrim... :thumbup: There is no time!

Today I went back into Blighttown and cleared the Demon Ruins, the Great Hollow and Ash Lake. The Great Hollow was an absolute pain - lost 18k in souls and was cursed twice. I almost gave up on that but made it through to Ash Lake and took out the hydra (easy) and joined the convenant of the dragon(?). Brought back a decent sword as well - needs 50 strength though. I'm now ready to take on Anor Londo for a second time. I have the chaos catalyst from the Demon Ruins to upgrade the fireblade. There's also another fire soul on offer by invading the guy who killed the woman at firelink shrine by using the orb in the hall before the boss fight.

(Pyromancy+15 allowed me to take out the Taurus Demons in three hits each with fire orbs.)

Started playing today. Literally played 12 hours straight, no joke. Only at the gargoyles now though, and I can't kill them. Best I managed was killing one, but then the second one killed me just as I downed it. I just run around all the enemies every time I go to the gargoyles rather then trying to kill them - have perfected my roll past the knight on the stairs! Gargoyles are so frustrating though, but I don't want to summon the guy to help, I'm determined to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty far through now, 50 hours in, at the place with all the giant knights. Just completed the freaky painting world (pussied out of fighting the boss).

My one criticism would be that it's too easy to cheap shot certain enemies, like dragons, from range with a bow. Other then that, it's an amazing game.

Archived