Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Dark Souls

Stuck on the boss fight in Anor Londo, just seems impossible!!! Can't take them both down, on my own

Oddly, that's the only Boss I'v ever managed to kill first try (even Pinwheel took me 2 attempts, and he sucks!). I concentrated on killing the little guy as quickly as possible, though I had to take a fair few hits to do so. Lightning Battle axe + 3 raped him fairly quickly though.

After that, I switched to magic, and just kept my distance from the fat guy and used my varities of "Soul Arrows" untill he was dead. On his own, he barely hit me.

• 2 weeks later...

For people just starting on this (like myself!!) ive found a semi decent way of grinding quite near the start. Once you create the shortcut back to the bonfire in the berg you can climb the ladder, go up two flights of stairs to where the dragon is. Pop your head up and he will breathe fire accross the bridge toasting all enemies on there giving you all the souls (555 if i remember right). Run straight back down to the bonfire, and repeat.

You can easily do this twice a minute meaning 1,110 per minute, 60K an hour. Granted its not brilliant, but its good at the start. I went up about 10 levels or so in an hour doing this, making it much easier to progress!

• 1 month later...

I finally picked this up again tonight after the event that was Skyrim which was both good and bad - a mixture of the two imo.

Anyway, back to this!

Took around 30 minutes to get into it again, but I'm stuck at Ornstein and Smough. Granted, I've not had a serious go at them yet but any tips on taking these two down would be appreciated. Cheers.

Need to beat these two asap since FFXIII-2 will take up more time at the end of the week. :thumbup:

I have got to the point where disposing of Ornstein is a walk in the park. I have Pyromancy +15 and 4 fire orbs does the trick nicely. The problem is clearly Smough. My character is mainly melee, I do not use ranged attacks at all but I can see the advantage of these when there's a broken pillar between me and him.

Do I go back and grind my intelligence level until I can use those blue magic shots or do I try something else?

• 2 months later...

Just started playing this again after 7 months and I'm remembering how good it is and now that they fixed the summoning it does help slightly, started a new character and 4 hours in am level 30 with 5 kindled bonfires, +1 estus flask and +15 pyromancy glove, might actually go and fight the gargoyles at some point

Has pyromancy been toned down?

Not sure about that but at +15 this makes a big difference.

I haven't got back into this since FFXIII-2 and ME3. I managed to get to the boss where you have to die and since then I've been trapped in the tower. That's where I'm at. Can't remember what it's called.

I will get back into it soon though.

I've now got the rite of kindling and have done sens fortress and parst of anor londo and new londo, using a lightning zweihander +3, black knight sword +4 and my max ascended pyromancy glove, stil using +5 hard leather armour as it keeps the weight down, thinking I may have to level up abit before I carry on as only lvl 45 still, managed to spend 300k souls and only go up 3 levels

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The DLC looks cool.

I think it's the greatest RPG of this generation of consoles because no matter how many times I go back, it just leaves you wanting more.

Having spent 50 hours on it, I am steadily now beginning to overcome the high level of difficulty of the game and that is the single most satisfying aspect of the game. Punished big time early on and now the shift of power to my character has changed this. It's brilliant.

Bring out a third on the next gen of console and it will be brilliant.

• 2 months later...

does anybody have any spare slabs going? got plenty to trade like some bosses souls, rare and achievement weapons, items and armours

lol

What are the slabs for?

I'm at the demon down in Lost Izalith and I'm struggling again with the fat red dragon beast.

Check the Witcher thread, picked it up today. Need something else more light hearted until the frenzy that is AC3, RE6, Doom 3 BFG edition, Tomb Raider, Dishonored ...what else have I missed? lol

the slabs are for my own amusement to see what i can make, what level are you? add me Bare Soul, i will see if i can help you and drop you anything you need and anything i dont use if ya want, am trying to get my 100 gamerscore on it and only need a few more achievements while waiting for the dlc n picking up darksiders 2 next week

Archived