Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Who was the first band/perfomer you ever saw live?

I have two answers to this. The first one is that I saw The Wombles at a fete in Wellingborough (I was born there). You make your own mind up as to whether that's highly "uncool" or "ironically cool" as my first ever gig. I don't, however, really regard that as my first gig because obviously they were just people in silly costumes miming to a backing track whilst playing fake instruments.

So my first gig PROPER was - far less creditably, if you ask me - King at De Montfort Hall. But I loved the show at the time, so there you go.

Pity the next one I saw after that wasn't my first - Madness at the same venue, which remains one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Saw this guy as a young Fella and ironically he has made a re-apperance playing a festivals and gigs that are over 18's only and people just get off there dial and go nuts. I'm pumped to see him again in December. Also seen Johnny Farnham heaps of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3z654zaO94&feature=related

Saw this guy as a young Fella and ironically he has made a re-apperance playing a festivals and gigs that are over 18's only and people just get off there dial and go nuts. I'm pumped to see him again in December. Also seen Johnny Farnham heaps of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3z654zaO94&feature=related

I can't see that. I'm at work and it's blocked. Who is it?

mine was black sabbath Coventry theater just searched for date June 1974 I'm so old next was Leo Sayer same venue wouldn't do an encore miserable git .in my defense Leo Sayer was good then before disco found him.was redeemed after saw sensational Alex Harvey band next still remember it like yesterday they were stunning,best gig for years till i saw "The Be Good Tanyas" in the Irish centre in brum and that was probably 10 years ago how time flies

Archived