Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Rage

GameTrailers.com - 9/10

GameSpot - 8/10

IGN - 8.5/10

Eurogamer.net 8/10

ComputerAndVideoGames.com 8.9/10

I wouldn't say getting canned lol

Compared with Dark Souls, which shares the same release date, it's being panned.

If more FPS is your cup of tea, then great, it's averaging 82 on metacritic. People on here liked Dead Island too, which averaged 71. So it's all good. :thumbup:

Personally, if I bought it, I'd blast through it and trade it in for Skyrim at the end of next month.

I probably won't though as Dark Souls is a day one purchase without question and will take many hours to complete. I don't have the time. :dunno:

Compared with Dark Souls, which shares the same release date, it's being panned.

If more FPS is your cup of tea, then great, it's averaging 82 on metacritic. People on here liked Dead Island too, which averaged 71. So it's all good. :thumbup:

Personally, if I bought it, I'd blast through it and trade it in for Skyrim at the end of next month.

I probably won't though as Dark Souls is a day one purchase without question and will take many hours to complete. I don't have the time. :dunno:

Yep :yesyes:

Buy it on Console, not PC. It's completely broken on PC, unplayable because of the graphics problems, even on AMD's graphics card designed especially for Rage and the new ID Software engine.

That's so short-termist.

These problems will be patched and then it'll look fucking sexual. Where as on console it'll always look below par. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

How are you all finding it?

Good value for money as long as you're purely expecting a classic, old-style FPS. I thought Fallout was shallow (I'm hard to please) but it wasn't even up to that level of roam, explore and enjoy. It's a lot more linear than it lets on but then that's probably a blessing in disguise because the environments that are there are fun, good looking and engaging.

The guns are all pretty cool and the different ammo types expand the options, plus the cars handle quite well and the racing makes a cracking mini-game.

All in all, if you enjoyed the likes of Quake and Doom back in the 90s then this is the game for you. Beneath it's thinly veiled "RPG" disguise is an easily eight-out-of-ten shooter with, to be fair, quite a few hours of gameplay and a wide variety of stuff to fill full of lead.

Won't go down as a great but it'll keep you busy for some twenty plus hours and that's pretty good going for a game these days.

Archived