Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yojoe36

Resident Evil 4 "HD"

I gave in today, and bought Resident Evil 4 HD, despite it being slatted for the fact that it was just an up-scale of the Gamecube version.

I've only owned the Ps2 version, and have completed it about 20 times. Literally.

I've got to say, it looks fine. Yeah sure, when your close to objects, it looks blurry and pixleated, but it doesn't bother me, and the game looks better overall. It's alot cleaner and sharper. The Ps2 version was noticeably a downgraded port from the Gamecube version. So lighting effects, water effects, object/ character models didn't look as good.

Despite the laziness of Capcom, by not putting in higher-res textures, I think it's worth the £15 (possible drop in price at Christmas), but It depends on whether your willing to splash the cash on a 480i game, blown up to 720p/1080p (Depending what you play on)

If you've never played Resident Evil 4, then you NEED to get it, no matter what. As Resi 4 is by far one of the greatest games ever made

:beer:

I'd have prefered a rehash of 2 or Code Veronica.

Oh yes, Resident Evil 2 is by far my favourite., and I'd love it to remade with today's tech. Keeping fixed camera angles of course :thumbup:

Code Veronica was "re-done" but it's laughable how much effort went into it

Up scaled and it actually makes the game look worse! I really want them to remake Resident Evil 2, it's the best Resi by a mile

I used to play RE2 when I was younger at night and it scared the absolute shit out of me.

Archived