Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

HELP!

Lads/ ladies I need help!

My parents are away on holiday and I just dropped the family laptop! Livid! It is working, I'm posting on it now, but the screen is knackered. It's a Acer Aspire 5742 and I need to know how much and how long it will take to fix it. Just needs a new screen installed. HELP!!!!!

My parents are away on holiday and I just dropped the family laptop! Livid! It is working, I'm posting on it now, but the screen is knackered. It's a Acer Aspire 5742 and I need to know how much and how long it will take to fix it. Just needs a new screen installed. HELP!!!!!

Better off buying a new laptop.

If you're parent have got accidental damage cover on their household contents insurance then no problem. :thumbup:

An accident is an accident after all.

If you're parent have got accidental damage cover on their household contents insurance then no problem. :thumbup:

An accident is an accident after all.

"Dad, do we have Accidental Damage Cover?"

I'm in so much shit!

I take it your not in leicester, if you are I can fit a new one for £75 today.

No i'm not :( But it sounds like you're a tradesman? I went on a website and saw a new screen for £57. They look pretty easy to install? I get paid on friday which is when they're back!

Well it might not be the screen. If you've dropped it then it could be the wiring inside. Plug an external monitor into it and see if the screen appears on that.

And they're not exactly "easy" to fit. You need to unscrew it all, take the keyboard out properly, connect the correct wires, make sure you have the correct screen type and dimension.

I've connected a HDMI to the tv, everything is working. Told the parents, and they said they will try and claim. Still want a shot at installing a new screen though! I get excited about stuff like that for some reason :S

I took the screen out yesterday, its quite a new laptop so there isnt an inverter by the looks of it. There are two wires, one which goes up the back of the screen to a webcam and another, that literally only has tape across the back. Not sure how the screen functions with the rest of the laptop, its not connected to anything?

He needs a new screen, why would he need to get to the inverter, not that it's got one.

He assumes that he needs a new screen. From his own admission, he just dropped it so he doesn't know for sure. You can't just assume that what he thinks is right.

For somebody old enough for a job, you sure seem to fear your parents. Do they still get the belt out or something? :unsure:

I just work weekends, off to uni next year. My Dad is a policeman and my Mum is a christian. So they get the moral belt out!

Archived