Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CupidStunt

Modern Warfare 2 PS3

Just got hold of a PS3 and been playing this game online.

I am getting too old for this s h i t, or am i doing something wrong? I am completely useless and keep getting killed

How are these feckers running past me and hitting the target ("me") so accurately and killing me dead, yet my bullets dont seem to do anything when i hit them straight on.

any tips?

are they using the "aim" button first? if so, how the hell are they doing it so quickly, LMAO

And those feckers with the sniper rifles, how are they aiming and shooting me so quick from close range? by the time i use the aim, i am already dead in a heap on the floor

I think i am too long in the tooth for this stuff, but its enjoyable nevertheless, just wish i could not get killed so quick

I am getting too old for this s h i t, or am i doing something wrong? I am completely useless and keep getting killed

How are these feckers running past me and hitting the target ("me") so accurately and killing me dead, yet my bullets dont seem to do anything when i hit them straight on.

any tips?

are they using the "aim" button first? if so, how the hell are they doing it so quickly, LMAO

And those feckers with the sniper rifles, how are they aiming and shooting me so quick from close range? by the time i use the aim, i am already dead in a heap on the floor

I think i am too long in the tooth for this stuff, but its enjoyable nevertheless, just wish i could not get killed so quick

takes time my friend, practice it, dnt camp the game cos you will not get better, and mw2 is pants :giggle:

ur never too old for it

any tips?

Remember your playing against players who have probably been playing this game for nearly 2 years, its gonna be tough starting now as they know the maps, have all the weapon extras which all adds up to a massive advantage against you. How old are you? I am 44 and still play shooters but cos of my old man reflexes and my old man eye sight I have to be more tactical lol otherwise the kids slaughter me. If you keep at it you will improve, get to know the maps and what weapon suits your playing style and look for cover at all times. Were you to get Modern Warfare 3 on release date and start playing it straightaway I am sure you would do ok as everyone else will be new to the game. Hope this helps.

I play on the Xbox, but I'm pretty good at MW2 (Have a Kill/Death ratio of 1.75) and had quite a few nukes. Here's a few tips.

- Knowing the maps well is a big big help. I can't stress this enough.

- The mini-map is your friend. Use it a lot.

- Play around with the guns till you find one you like. Then stick with it till you get good. I'd suggest sticking with assault rifles; I suggest the Scar or Tar for automatic ones, or for a burst fire gun, using the famas. With stopping power, they'l kill in 2/3 bullets.

- If the enemy is close, dont bother aiming, just hip fire, especially if using steady aim.

- For a secondary weapon, I'd suggest the PP2000. Powerful, accurate and again, easy to hipfire.

- While learning the game, I suggest Slight of hand/Stopping power/Steady aim as your perks. There the ones that make it easiest to kill people. The others are more for surviving longer/preserving ammo so you can get longer kill streaks, but if you're still learning, that's not really your priority.

- Don't use the light machine guns. They're awful. If you want to use a sub-machine gun, use the UMP. Almost everyone uses it, and that's because as a sub-machine gun, it's very overpowered.

- For kill-streaks, I'd suggest UAV/Predator Missiile/Harrier as a begginner. When you get good enough to go on to big kill streaks, I'd suggest predator/harrier/chopper gunner

If you dont have fast reactions, then be more cautious, for example, aim before you go round corners, and dont run around mindlessly. People can hear your footsteps (unless you have Ninja pro), but if you crouch while walking you don't make a sound.

While grenades are good, and semtex is better, Claymores are awesome. Not just because they kill people a lot, and you can plant them in annoying places like at the top of stairs to get cheap kills, but more importantly because they make a clicking sound when people run over them. Therefore, if it doesn't kill them, you know someone is there. If you do want to camp for a bit, it means you can plant a claymore at one end of the building and guard the other, and you wont have someone sneaking up on you without you knowing.

Snipers killing you from close range are either hipfiring (but that involves luck) or more likely quick-scoping, where they click to look down the sight but shoot while the guy is doing the animation of putting the sight to his eye. It's a hard skill to learn, but also pretty cheap.

I'd say change to tactical but its going to take a lot of getting used to assumign you've always played with normal. With tactical its WAY easier to prone drop and shoot, which makes killing people way easier. Dont sprint, walk everywhere. Might take longer but most times you will get killed is because you ran into someone. Then after that you just need to be decent. AK's (both types) are pretty good all round guns to use.

Archived