Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
who-izzet

Coppell

Apparently Steve Coppell applied for the Portsmouth job but they are in discussions with W.B.A. assistant Michael Appleton..

I rated him as a manager and he taken Crystal Palace and Reading up to the Premier League and had top half finishes with them not to mention a famous FA Cup final versus Man Utd with Palace. On a down side, he left his Man City job back in 96 after 6 games due to pressure and he's gonna get a lot of that here. He also left the game after a short spell with Bristol City and said he had lost his passion for the game.

I just wondered what the general opinion was from my fellow Leicester fans on Coppell for Leicester? Past his best or still a winner?

Apparently Steve Coppell applied for the Portsmouth job but they are in discussions with W.B.A. assistant Michael Appleton..

I rated him as a manager and he taken Crystal Palace and Reading up to the Premier League and had top half finishes with them not to mention a famous FA Cup final versus Man Utd with Palace. On a down side, he left his Man City job back in 96 after 6 games due to pressure and he's gonna get a lot of that here. He also left the game after a short spell with Bristol City and said he had lost his passion for the game.

I just wondered what the general opinion was from my fellow Leicester fans on Coppell for Leicester? Past his best or still a winner?

Didn't he retire saying he had no passion for the job anymore..? :unsure:

That's exactly who we need to lead our team of spineless, passionless, overrated, overpaid... :rolleyes:

Didn't he retire saying he had no passion for the job anymore..? :unsure:

That's exactly who we need to lead our team of spineless, passionless, overrated, overpaid... :rolleyes:

Yes that he did (which I mentioned) but he has a proven track record for motivating a team over his career. We have all lost passion for something but regained it at some stage in our lives.. I totally agree with "spineless, passionless, overrated, overpaid" seen far too much of that this season.

Yes that he did (which I mentioned) but he has a proven track record for motivating a team over his career. We have all lost passion for something but regained it at some stage in our lives.. I totally agree with "spineless, passionless, overrated, overpaid" seen far too much of that this season.

Sorry, I didn't see that! I would worry about somebody leaving the game citing a lack of passion leading my team.

Sorry, I didn't see that! I would worry about somebody leaving the game citing a lack of passion leading my team.

Yeah.. just wondered what the general opinion was on Coppell anyway.. I rated "say rated" him as a manager and wondered what other people thought.

Obviously I would prefer MON, NP, Mark Hughes or Billy Davies and I wouldn't say no to Nigel Worthington or Dave Jones but I can think of a lot worse that have been linked i.e. Iain Dowie, Rafa Benitez and Avram (pull your trousers up when your losing) Grant!

Archived