Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Bands whose first album was their weakest?

Most of the time, a band's first album tends to also be their strongest, or at least ONE of their strongest. Who do you regard as exceptions to the rule?

I'd definitely say blur's debut was their weakest.

The Horrors would qualify, I think.

Also, while it's not his weakest, I'd say Neil Young's self titled debut was nowhere near as good as most of the albums that followed it. Granted, he had a "lesser" period in the eighties, but still, he made at least 20 albums better than his debut.

I have to post the tiniest picture of this possible and hope nobody notices, 'cos I may have to hand my Punk card back in if they do.

how-could-hell-be-any-worse-bad-religion-cd-cover-art.jpg

Not sure about their absolute worst but, eh, well. Let's just say they got better. :unsure:

:unsure:

The Gray Race, No Substance, The New America, The Empire Strikes First.

Being an 80s music listener, can think of only two or three:-

Talk Talk's Party's Over, before they became pioneers of post-rock

Depeche Mode's Speak and Spell - although I quite like it and listen to it as if I was back in '81 - so appreciate it a bit more, but sounds so dated now - and it is quite 'camp'

Japan's Adolescent Sex : glam-rock rubbish, before they found their feet an album later

Was.. going to say The Clash's self-titled album - which I'm not the greatest fan of and love their more electronica/reggae/dub stuff, BUT, forgot they wrote Cut The Crap - why the fook Strummer sacked Jones I'll never know for that rubbish last album.

Archived