Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Bands whose first album was their weakest?

I wholeheartedly agree with mentions of Radiohead's Pablo Honey and Sigur Rós's first efforts.

Modest Mouse - Sad Sappy Sucker (1995)

An absolutely horrible bunch of recordings. So bad, in fact, that K Records didn't release the album until 2001--after MM had released three albums and a few EPs, all excellent--when they figured there would be at least a few people curious to know how the band sounded then.

Edit to add that I kind of wish the record companies would have done the same with their last couple of albums. They used to be one of my favorites... sigh.

Well if you had capitalised it as you should then I would have noticed wouldn't I? :P

My bad for not reading it all and just picking the obvious names out.

I know this is going to make me sound an ultra-sad pathetic geek, but the reason I never capitalised it is because blur themselves never did either.

You clearly haven't heard Welcome The Night then. Plus you were there when they reformed with just Kris and a violin. Terrible.

I actually really like it.

When I first heard it I thought it was god awful but I downloaded it a few months back and got really into it, although it still is such a departure even from So Long Astoria.

Archived