Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HEGGSY

FAO: HTC Desire HD users

Right, I got this phone yesterday but didn't take it out of the box until today. I've put it on charge but the phone doesn't seem to be responding :/ I've read the user guide it mentions the orange light on the front of the phone to indicate charging. Basically what I want to know before I take it back is, when the battery is dead (which I'm assuming it is) does it take a few hours for the orange light to come on or does it come on straight the way and have I got a dud phone?

Cheers

Any input appreciated

:thumbup:

Right, I got this phone yesterday but didn't take it out of the box until today. I've put it on charge but the phone doesn't seem to be responding :/ I've read the user guide it mentions the orange light on the front of the phone to indicate charging. Basically what I want to know before I take it back is, when the battery is dead (which I'm assuming it is) does it take a few hours for the orange light to come on or does it come on straight the way and have I got a dud phone?

Cheers

Any input appreciated

:thumbup:

Orange light does usually come on straight away. Although I can't remember if this was the case when first charging it. Where did you get it from?

Orange light does usually come on straight away. Although I can't remember if this was the case when first charging it. Where did you get it from?

Carphone Warehouse mate. What I'll do is charge it for a coupleof hours, considering it's the first charge, if nothing happens I'll take it back.

Cheers lads :thumbup:

Let us know how you get on mate.

I have the Desire (the original one) and sometimes when the battery is completely dead, it won't turn on for a while until it's had a good charge.

Stupid though it may sound, i'd leave it for a bit, then unplug it and take the battery out, put it back in again and switch it back on.

Let us know how you get on mate.

I have the Desire (the original one) and sometimes when the battery is completely dead, it won't turn on for a while until it's had a good charge.

Stupid though it may sound, i'd leave it for a bit, then unplug it and take the battery out, put it back in again and switch it back on.

Cheers Pal :thumbup:

Quick Q. Can you +1 on FT mobile

One more thing, I don't know if you have the same charger as me, but if you do make sure the twisting section that attatches to the three pronged plug is fully clicked in, half the time mine doesn't lock properly in.

Cheers pal turns out this was the problem. Feel a little silly now lol

Thanks everyone +1 for magictv

Great phone btw

• 1 month later...

Necessary bump.

Since cold weather kicked in, and having my phone outside in the snow last night, my phone has switched itself off after using the flash. Not all the time, just a couple of times. Haven't dropped it in the snow or at all actually. But it's fairly annoying as you can imagine. I played football on Wednesday and got my camera out after to take a picture of Wembley Stadium (I play just outside there) and it said 'unable to use flash due to cold weather' which is fair enough.

Should I wait til the cold weather passes over and see how it goes or get it sent off for repair? I'm thinking the former, for now. Problem might clear itself up and it might just be because of the cold weather at the moment.

Necessary bump.

Since cold weather kicked in, and having my phone outside in the snow last night, my phone has switched itself off after using the flash. Not all the time, just a couple of times. Haven't dropped it in the snow or at all actually. But it's fairly annoying as you can imagine. I played football on Wednesday and got my camera out after to take a picture of Wembley Stadium (I play just outside there) and it said 'unable to use flash due to cold weather' which is fair enough.

Should I wait til the cold weather passes over and see how it goes or get it sent off for repair? I'm thinking the former, for now. Problem might clear itself up and it might just be because of the cold weather at the moment.

Personally, I'd leave it and wait

It can't take a pic because it's too cold? What the actual c*nting feck? Never heard such toss stan! Get it sorted la

The other day I saw someone wanting to sell an iPad/iPod Touch but it had gathered some problems because of the cold weather. May be to do with smartphones these days, but they have environmental requirements to function properly so thought this might be the case with my phone.

It can take the picture, sometimes with flash. But it's twice since the snow/cold weather really kicked in that it's switched itself off when it has used flash.

I've had my HTC HD for nearly a year now & its the best phone i've ever had... Minus the iffy battery life i really couldn't fault it

I love the phone, the only real issue ive had is that the xd card keeps corrupting and i have to format it everytime. Happened a few times in a year with different cards.

I use dropbox though which is great and free.

• 2 weeks later...

Great phone. Wipes the floor with any other phone iv had. So useful for uni and teaching, I use it as a tablet tbh that's how good it is.

I had the same issue with the charger mate Dw.

Agreed, imo much better than an Iphone (only my opinion apple lovers :P) the only problem I have is the battery life :(

That's the only problem I have, too. Have to charge it almost twice a day sometimes. Can understand that though because of the HD display taking up a lot of battery life.

My vibrate function has become a bit weak, too. But that's not a big deal. I can live without that. But I can't live without the phone's battery life!

From reading numerous forums, etc it seems the battery life is one of the main problems with the phone.. I've kinda just got used to it now, it does pee me off at times but overall the good certainly out weighs the bad with this phone

• 4 months later...

Thought i'd bring this thread back up as i have a question

Is there anyway to change the theme on the call screen? contacts screen? The stock theme for it is ugly to the eye, it always has been imo, the colours are horrible.. I'm using a new home screen launcher GO Launcher which is great but it only does the home screen

Archived