Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Star Wars: The Old Republic

As Star Wars Galaxies breathes it's last a new Star Wars MMO is here.

Finally stated my pre-order today. Is anyone elseon FT sad enough to play MMOs, worse yet, a Star Wars MMO!

Nothing to report on the game yet as I'm currently in a queue to get in! :P Well at least it's popular then.

I tested it for the last two Beta Testing Weekends and I thought it was a very competent game. I think I will buy it in the new year when everything settles down. Obvious comparisons to WoW will be made but I found it far more interesting and I can see it being very successful.

I couldn't resist it and I bought it a few days ago and it is fantastic. I think any bad press of this game is propaganda from Blizzard because from the launch it is a very well rounded game and I have had very little issues with the game itself. Even the simple kill and collect quests are interesting because you have a actual reason and motivation of doing it due to the (for the most part) great voice acting and character development. It has the familiar feel of WoW in terms of the game mechanics but it is another tier above imo. WoW got very boring very fast as there wasn't any motivation to do the grind of doing random quests about something you don't care about for no particular reason. This game changes that attitude imo. Maybe it is just because it is new but I can see me playing this for a long time.

• 4 months later...

I've played this during the free weekends, actually quite enjoyed it. Only problem at the moment is they are charging you $55 to download the game in the first place. I just cant bring myself to pay for an MMO client, and then pay a subscription cost on top of that.

I have played it from the launch and think it is very good. However, there are too many servers and the population is reducing. I would certainly advise you to got to a highly populated server if you want to start, until server transfers come.

I have played it from the launch and think it is very good. However, there are too many servers and the population is reducing. I would certainly advise you to got to a highly populated server if you want to start, until server transfers come.

Yeah, I'm still playing it too and I agree there are too many servers with the populations spread too thin (thought when it first started there was queuing, which was a nightmare. The server all my chars (and my mates) are on just so happens to be one of the lighter populations.

Was just about to pay £40 pounds for it and a guy came upto me and said dont waste your money , he was on about a problem with the chat and trying to find people to do missions with , put me off paying that much so bought it off ebay for £20

Was just about to pay £40 pounds for it and a guy came upto me and said dont waste your money , he was on about a problem with the chat and trying to find people to do missions with , put me off paying that much so bought it off ebay for £20

That is an issue on low populated servers as most people will be playing at max level now. As I said before you need to find a highly populated server to join.

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing this but stopped this month and cancelled my WoW subs too to save a bit of money and give myself a break from online MMO gaming.

I will be back on them both a bit later in the year though :)

Archived