Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Best free PC clean up?

So DB11 are you saying DON'T use CCCleaner? I've used it for nearly a year once a week in the belief that it's a registry cleaner... am I doing wrong and putting my shiny new laptop at risk?

Do use CCleaner, yes. It's great. For the 'Cleaner' tab on the left hand side. Whilst it boasts of a 'Registry Cleaner', and I'm sure it does as it's advertised, the registry is designed not to be cleaned.

You aren't putting your laptop at risk, and if you haven't experienced any problems with 'cleaning' the registry then great.

Which file systems are you referring to? I've defragged about 5-6 macs running hfs and each one has immediately seen huge speed improvements (90-120sec boot ups going to 30-40secs, apps taking 20 secs to open down to 4-5).

Never took much note with ntfs or fat tho, only have one windows machine and that runs an SSD.

Yeh, 90% FAT, FAT32 then latterly NTFS.

But given Macs "just work" (so the saying goes) and I've no real experience with their file systems, I'll refrain from commenting.

Archived