Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yojoe36

Resident Evil 6

It looks impressive, but so did 5.

Although 5 was good, it wasn't as immense as 4.

Not to put a dampener on things, I've read you play as Leon, Chris and someone else - all of which are accompanied by a companion. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from 5 in this respect... :rolleyes:

Hopefully the whole teamwork mechanic won't be as poorly executed as the last outing.

It looks impressive, but so did 5.

Although 5 was good, it wasn't as immense as 4.

Not to put a dampener on things, I've read you play as Leon, Chris and someone else - all of which are accompanied by a companion. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from 5 in this respect... :rolleyes:

Hopefully the whole teamwork mechanic won't be as poorly executed as the last outing.

I knew they'd still do a co-op thing. Fvcking cvnts. I believe the guy with the scar is Hunk. But it might not be. RE 5 looked good until the year of trailers which lead upto it.

The RE5 announcement trailer, where there was the crows and the 'zombies' running down the alleyway made me look forward to it for 4 years. Then they threw away loads of ideas like the sunlight mechanic, and just ripped 80% of RE4, made Chris go on a steroid addiction, and shoved in a shite character where you could play co-op.

TBH, I only give a damn about playing as Leon in 6. Balls to the rest of it. But obviously, I have to play it to fully judge it. 10 months to go

The co-op on RE5 was great! Assuming you're playing with someone you know and will work as a team it was one of the most fun thing's I've ever done in a video game.

Completely agree! Even tho there are some fundamental flaws with it, it's immensely fun - I've played through 5-6 in co-op mode, on hard it's a real challenge

• 8 months later...

Just played the PS3 demo.

Loved Resident Evil 2, 4 and 5 lost a bit of the charm but were still really good in their own right.

6 just seems a total mess. Now wholly a 'run and gun' game and a crappy one at the that. The pop up weapon selection and 'navigator' just feels like a cheap and nasty copy of the Dead Space system.

Poor.

I remember playing the original RE and loved it. It was tense, atmospheric and frightening in places (I was only youngish so no jokes about being a fairy :thumbup: ), but as BlueFoxTim says, it's just a run around shoot-em up these days. Shame really.

I've been playing it for a couple of hours and I'm enjoying so far

I take it you're not playing through the Chris Redfield section?

I will pick this up, it's part of the course, it's Resident Evil after all. Well, one quarter of it is at any rate playing as Leon.

Yes Resident Evil 4 was the greatest of the series but when you put it up against anything of the last ten, fifteen years even, it's one of the greatest games of all time. So that's a hard target to aim for.

It would help if this coop nonsense could be scrapped, but its part of the course when it comes to online play.

Resident Evil 6 is the result of pressure to put online gaming into what should be a one on one battle for survival. Add in the emerging action elements of RE4 and this is what you get.

I just hope Dead Space 3 isn't ruined by a similar turn of events.

Still, I will get this. It's Resident Evil, has to be bought, no matter how many crap scores it gets.

Well I picked this up today. Busy month for gaming. This, Dishonored, AC3.

Have played through the prelude and managed to die at the first zombie. lol. Nice of them not to give the choice of inverting aim - I'd sorted the movement only to be done with the aim!

I shall continue with this tomorrow and will begin with Chris since this is supposedly the weakest part of this game.

I cannot understand the negativity surrounding this game. Having completed chapter 1 of chris' campaign it's obvious to see that a) ai coop actually works this time round, b) the mix of cut scenes/gameplay flows extremely well and c) this is far better than RE5. All this on "the worst" of all the campaigns.

Reviewers need to start slating COD instead. There's nothing wrong with this game at all.

Archived