Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yojoe36

Resident Evil 6

Just a quick one for anyone with this on PS3: What is the control layout? And can you make R1 aim and Square fire?

Thanks.

I'm trying to imagine how this would work with Chris' campaign which plays more like Gears of War than RE on the PS2 back in the day. lol

Seriously with that layout you will be screwed.

Now on chapter 3 of Chris' campaign and it is quality. If this is the worst of what the game has to offer, I can't wait to see what happens with the rest. It works so much better than 5.

Ignore the reviews, turn out the lights, whack up the surround sound, get yourself a plasma and get this game. lol

I'm trying to imagine how this would work with Chris' campaign which plays more like Gears of War than RE on the PS2 back in the day. lol

Seriously with that layout you will be screwed.

Now on chapter 3 of Chris' campaign and it is quality. If this is the worst of what the game has to offer, I can't wait to see what happens with the rest. It works so much better than 5.

Ignore the reviews, turn out the lights, whack up the surround sound, get yourself a plasma and get this game. lol

Ok, cheers. I have piss poor dexterity so I can't really use L1 and R1 together like on the demo.

I'll probably borrow off a mate and see how it works out!

Yeah, a few mates have said the reviews are pretty inaccurate and they're loving it.

Reviewers need to start slating COD instead. There's nothing wrong with this game at all.

Agree with this, well about the COD comment. Only got Res 6 yesterday and started on Leon's campaign but so far I think it's brilliant.

what's your gamertag?

As it is on here!

I'm so far behind Resident Evil wise it's unbelivable lol. I've not even played 4 yet.

4 is amazing. You can get it for 8 quid on amazon, although the collectors edition in the metal case (I still have it) is 30 quid. Collectors item in 20 years...lol

You really need a plasma for this game as its great in the dark, and the blacker the screen the better. Too much backlight bleed on these current LEDs.

Did I really write the OP?

Well fvck sake, ain't my opinion a bit different now. I went from multiple-orgasms to being thrown into a cold shower.

The demo was just dire. The Leon campaign was only half-decent, and the others were just complete and utter shite. I understand that people like fast-paced shooters, but nowadays, they're crap and overdone.

Did I really write the OP?

Well fvck sake, ain't my opinion a bit different now. I went from multiple-orgasms to being thrown into a cold shower.

The demo was just dire. The Leon campaign was only half-decent, and the others were just complete and utter shite. I understand that people like fast-paced shooters, but nowadays, they're crap and overdone.

Your not alone in thinking that by the looks of it.

Your not alone in thinking that by the looks of it.

Not here mate.

Chris's campaign is off the wall, an absolute blast. Maniacs swinging in through the windows, looking like something out of half life back in the day, firing ammo left right and centre, use the sniper rifle, then a handgun, followed by a grenade launcher all at close range with next to no ammo. Take out a guy having a shower, hilarious. Total blast. Don't take it too seriously, this is immense in the dark with the surround sound.

The Ada Wong "splat" was the funniest thing I have seen in a game in ages.

Brilliant game so far. Brilliant.

if you sign up to residentevil.net you can link it to ur 360 account and use it to upload your stats but the main reason for it is you can access an alternative out for every character on mercenaries

I'll check it out.

Just finished Chris' campaign, thought it was fantastic at the end until the annoying boss. Annoying because of the total lack of ammo to do it in with. Finished up with a couple of handgun shots and the knife. That was it. Flash grenades come in useful, only found this out after four attempts. lol

I must of died about 10 times in that chapter all from trying to run away from that pain in the ass. the only campaign I got left to do is Ada's

Now doing Jake. Leaving Leon til last.

Sometimes this game is amazing and then the next it annoys. Like the sequence with the choppers, that was pretty cool, but the section after finding the memory sticks was a pain in the ass.

It's a real roller coaster of a ride this game.

Still, the good bits outweigh the bad so far at any rate.

Have now finished Jake's campaign. The Ustanak final moments were good until the cheap B button press to finally finish him off. That was cheap. At least give it a COD style slow-mo one bullet handgun shot to the head. But no, press B as quickly as possible instead when prompted to do so. Great. lol

Never mind.

Bring on Leon's campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Leon's campaign and halfway through Chris, just cannot play it anymore so it's going in for borderlands 2 tonight.

lol

I'm glad I did Leon last because that was undoubtedly the highlight of this game, although Chris' campaign was decent (in parts). It was so RE4 at the end though with the final rpg shot to finish off Simmonds. As far as Jake goes the brawling with Ustanak was great but cheap at the end with that final button press. Ada was great in parts too but let down with poor pacing through the cathedral section but story wise it was good to tie up all the loose ends.

Very much up and down this game was, with the good just about outweighing the bad. But definitely not worth another play through, despite the heaps of content on offer.

Archived