Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Your Favourite DJ(s)

Not the mixing type, the radio type (yeah, okay, sometime they're one and the same).

For me you can't beat Mark and Lard. Funny and great music, they weren't even afraid to disparage the tripe that Radio 1 also obliged them to play. Who can ever forget their "love" of The Lighthouse Family?

Adam and Joe came close to reproducing their act, though of course, they came to radio via TV, but they too have sadly gone the way. Currently there's no music DJ I'd say I enjoy, though I have a soft spot for Sara Cox and Colin Murray (who was the ying to the terrible yang that is Edith Bowman.)

Maybe if I were able to get Radio 6 in my van/car (the only place I listen to radio), maybe I'd find another one. Affordable vehicle-based DABs please! :angry:

So who are your favourites?

Used to love Adam and Joe - not sure if they're still on 6Music though?

Zane Lowe might not be massively obscure, and a little obvious but he plays some brilliant records at times considering some of Radio One's output during the day seems more pop/entertainment based a la Moyles, Greg James, Scott Mills etc. He played Siamese Dream in it's entirety not too long ago, warrants some kind of respect.

Used to love Adam and Joe - not sure if they're still on 6Music though?

Zane Lowe might not be massively obscure, and a little obvious but he plays some brilliant records at times considering some of Radio One's output during the day seems more pop/entertainment based a la Moyles, Greg James, Scott Mills etc. He played Siamese Dream in it's entirety not too long ago, warrants some kind of respect.

True, but he's an annoyingly pretentious dick - and there can only be one either the listener or the talker, not both.

Archived