Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knightonian

Fifa 2012 and scoring....

Hi guys, I'm not a gamer and I'm sure you experts would wipe the floor with me. The last football game I owend was Fifa 2004 on the Xbox. However, I got a PS3 for Christmas with Fifa 12 and have been playing it a lot. Currently doing a manager's mode with Leicester. The help I need is that I bloody well can't score penatly's.... How do I score a penatly on Fifa 12? I've tried every variation but 99.9 per cent of my penalty's go wide....

As I say, I'm no gamer and I am new to playing Fifa - (so take the piss if you want) but I am useless at it especially when it comes to taking penalty's. Is there a trick to it or something?

Please don't laugh at me too much for being shit, but I could honestly do with some advice about how I am supposed to score penalty's....

Make sure you hit the green-orange area on red-orange-green-orange-red bar but obviously put power on it. You can still score penalties in the red but it takes some doing. Few tutorials around on Youtube. Take a look.

They've ruined peno's :( it's just a stupid system now. If you go to the arena press up on the d pad in the box it will let you practice press LB and it will bring up the aimer and you can get used to how much power and direction you need

It's much better. You now actually have some input. It's straight forward, if you haven't figured it out after 5 minutes there's no hope!

Hi guys, I'm not a gamer and I'm sure you experts would wipe the floor with me. The last football game I owend was Fifa 2004 on the Xbox. However, I got a PS3 for Christmas with Fifa 12 and have been playing it a lot. Currently doing a manager's mode with Leicester. The help I need is that I bloody well can't score penatly's.... How do I score a penatly on Fifa 12? I've tried every variation but 99.9 per cent of my penalty's go wide....

As I say, I'm no gamer and I am new to playing Fifa - (so take the piss if you want) but I am useless at it especially when it comes to taking penalty's. Is there a trick to it or something?

Please don't laugh at me too much for being shit, but I could honestly do with some advice about how I am supposed to score penalty's....

An easy way to help with penalties is to go to the arena and then go into the penalty area, press any d-pad button then press L2 to bring up a blue circle this will indicate where you're aiming the ball to go. It takes a bit of practice but once you've worked it out then pens should be easier to score.

I usually get it in the green bit, but push my analogue stick to far left or right resulting in the penalty going way wide...

So, in addition to all the replies in the thread, do not push the analogue stick to far wide either.

I usually get it in the green bit, but push my analogue stick to far left or right resulting in the penalty going way wide...

So, in addition to all the replies in the thread, do not push the analogue stick to far wide either.

Its not about how far wide you push it, its how long you hold it for :)

I find the best way to take a peno is aiming it to the top of the goal and just slightly off centre.

If they stay down the middle they don't save it and if they dive in either direction they don't usually save it, if you get it right.

I find the best way to take a peno is aiming it to the top of the goal and just slightly off centre.

If they stay down the middle they don't save it and if they dive in either direction they don't usually save it, if you get it right.

:P Exactly what I do. only way they can save it is if they move their keeper slightly to the left or right which nobody ever does.

• 2 weeks later...

The one I tend to do is shoot straight down the middle, and aim the thumb-stick up. If you get it right, then it's impossible to save - even if the Keeper stands there, most of the time it will go straight over their head.

Also, from my experience, I think that online most people as keepers tend to dive to the right. Diving left is slightly less common, and people mostly don't bother staying still, unless it's a penalty shootout. So if you get a penalty during a game, always shoot it down the middle. Think I'v only ever failed to score one or two in game.

Archived