Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

foxhateram's Optimistic Bus

I think we're going to need a bigger bus now that the Bentleys crew will all want to join.

From what I've read of their contributions they have no clue as to what optimism is so this probably isn't the form of transport for them :P

Stevie Walsh and his fvcked up knee up front, team of centre backs! everybody waiting for us to fail - those devastating trips to Wembley in the two years before - never won at wembley

Makes this year's problems look like a walk in the park - gotta be on the bus for this run-in - this is Leicester - this is football - we can do it!

:chant:

Echoes of 94 I hope, an unexpected late surge with a good run stealing in at the death

E.I.E.I.E.I.O

I can now get onto this bus after weeks of lurking in the shadows :)

96 is more similar to now than 94 though. Check them both out here:

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/results_fixtures/1993_1994/leicester_city/index.shtml

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/results_fixtures/1995_1996/leicester_city/index.shtml

In 94 we were already in 6th with 4 games to go. But in 96 we were 7th, 3 points behind 6th, just like now.

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/1995_1996/13/apr/leicester_city/index.shtml

We then won our last 4 in a row and sneaked into 6th on the last day by beating Watford.

So we know this can be done!

Come on lads! :chant:

Good call - I think after nearly twenty years my brain is creating it's own version of club history ;)

Well they were both great years in our history, there's no doubt about that!

I don't think the club had won at Wembley in it's history until 94. Now we have done it 3 times. I nearly said 4 then, but borough was a replay :)

Edited by Grey Fox

Guest Foxin_mad

Crazy thing is in 94 and 96 we had also struggled to win more than 2 on the trot. Hope we can defy the odds again!

Edited by Foxin_mad

Lets try to keep it in perspectiv lads, the bus will prob be derailed again on sat by milwall, hope i'm wrong, but its just been that sort of a season. I prefer to keep a more realistic outlook, therefore lessening the disappointment if we do eventually fail.

Either way i won't be going to Leeds at those prices, i refuse to be ripped off, so i'll save my money for the play off semi finals lol (tho i'm not holding my breath) :rolleyes::sweating:

Crazy thing is in 94 and 96 we had also struggled to win more than 2 on the trot. Hope we can defy the odds again!

You're right. 96 actually looks very like this season to me. We did have a good run of 4 wins at the start of that season, but apart from that, we left it all for the last 8 games (6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). We can still complete the same with our last 8 this season. Only 4 more wins needed :ph34r:

Yes after the Sheff Utd home game. This was the table at that stage:

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/1995_1996/30/mar/leicester_city/index.shtml

O'Neill never let them forget it either. He used to bring it up years after in post match interviews.

Anybody care to admit to booing MON at that match?

I am always am optimist where LCFC is concerned but surely the football gods have deemed City shall prevail in this run-in - I am *so* on the bus right now!

Bing bong - Richie Wellens has now joined the bus. Him and Bamba are having a snuggle on the back seat. We have been asked to kindly not disturb them as they are training really hard for the next game back there.

Love your optimism guys, especially lobster who seems a bit excitable this week :P. COYB!

Love your optimism guys, especially lobster who seems a bit excitable this week :P. COYB!

Can't shake this feeling of de ja vu for those mid 90s years - at least on the bus I am politely described as "excitable" rather than the invective that optimism sometimes meets on other threads ;)

Can't shake this feeling of de ja vu for those mid 90s years - at least on the bus I am politely described as "excitable" rather than the invective that optimism sometimes meets on other threads ;)

Damn right! We're heading for a showdown!

Edited by Grey Fox