Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

GAME retailer - in trouble

They got any 360 console deals on?

I just went to the Loughborough branch. The prices are the same for new consoles, but there are discounts on 2nd hand ones. A preowned 4gb new slim model is £100, and an old fat model 20 or 60 gb preowned is £70 I think. Can't remember the rest of the prices.

There isn't a Game in my hometown! So, want to go to Meadowhall just to have a look but it says they are closing all shops across England and Ireland.

Even the website is closed.

Not good news this.

Hopefully the stores in town remain open over the Easter break but I see the one at 42 Granby Street has gone according to the link. Is that the Gamestation store on the corner of Belvoir Street?

Can't see downloadable content as a viable way forward though when BT need to get their arses in gear and sort out the abysmal download speed out here in the county. It's terrible.

Failure to effectively compete online = you are out of business. You would have thought they might have learned by now. Personally I disliked the way the staff always tried to engage you in jovial, light hearted conversation, so I'm glad they are gone. I can buy games much cheaper online, without suffering the indignity of some 23-year-old WoW nerd talking to me as if there is something to discuss.

Not good news this.

Hopefully the stores in town remain open over the Easter break but I see the one at 42 Granby Street has gone according to the link. Is that the Gamestation store on the corner of Belvoir Street?

Can't see downloadable content as a viable way forward though when BT need to get their arses in gear and sort out the abysmal download speed out here in the county. It's terrible.

Are download speeds meant to be doubling this year? would explain one of the reasons as to why.

Failure to effectively compete online = you are out of business. You would have thought they might have learned by now. Personally I disliked the way the staff always tried to engage you in jovial, light hearted conversation, so I'm glad they are gone. I can buy games much cheaper online, without suffering the indignity of some 23-year-old WoW nerd talking to me as if there is something to discuss.

You miserable ****

You miserable ****

I'm not miserable. I just don't want to participate in empty, scripted small talk. They're not doing it to be nice, they're doing it because they think being seen to be nice will mean you go back and spend more money. Frankly, I am insulted by the implication that I am dumb enough to make purchasing decisions based on who's nice rather than value and quality. I'd rather they spent the money they spent on training their staff how to make inane comments on something that provides real value for me as a customer. Maybe if they did that they'd still be in business.

Next on the hitlist: Halfords. Worst shop ever.

Next on the hitlist: Halfords. Worst shop ever.

Good call. They wanted to charge me £80 to fit a car stereo I bought off them. I thought I'd see if I could manage it myself. Took me about half an hour. Also, they can't even pronounce their own name. It used to be pronounced Half (as in we charge £80 for half an hour's work) fords. Not Hal fords. Bunch of cvnts.

Archived