Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Mass Effect 3

Not really a fan of these sort of games but it looked amazing in the trailer.

Worth buying?

Well, on the back of the last one, it's a definate surely.

ME2 is one of the greatest games on the current gen consoles imo. It'd be in my top 3. Hunting for minerals on planets aside, it was gaming perfection and the end part of the game was absolutely amazing.

Thing is, buying this one could prove difficult. The game stores aren't stocking it, and I've just been down to the local supermarket and they are totally out. Online is the place to go but from what I read earlier last week many are out of stock because of the amount of pre-orders. You may have to wait a while.

However, many people are slagging the game off - much of the high production values of the first two seem off, as if it's been rushed a little. Sounds like we've been here before - anyone who remembers Knights of the Old Republic - the sequel was rushed and ended up a total mess/disappointment.

Here's hoping I like it when I manage to find a copy. It'll take something special to beat the second one though.

L_i_b, how do you get to play all these games during the week? You must be at 6, 7 simultaneously surely...

I wasn't really a fan of the series and never really got into it - until the end of last year, when I went for Mass Effect 2.

And it definitely lived up to the hype. I'm normally not keen on FPS, but this game has it all. Action, suspense, a great script, great characters.

The intro of ME 2 blew me away.

I do hope the third and last part does just the same... and then some.

The demo looked more than promising, but there seem to be more movie-like cut scenes than before (I might be mistaken, though).

All I've got to do now is start from scratch with part one (which I don't have yet), then do a proper ME marathon.

Btw, I just ordered my copy of ME 3 via Amazon. lol

For me the storyline of the ME series has been its strongest suit. One of the best 'space opera' stories out there - so I'm really looking forward to this one. The ending of ME2 was brilliant so will be interested to see how they go about tying up all the loose ends.

Also..Reapers tearing up London. How is that not cool?

Downloaded it for the PC and Bioware STILL haven't added xbox 360 controller support. They have become so shit in the last few years. I can't really be bothered sitting up and playing it on my pc as my mx518 broke so im using some really crap mouse at the moment and it just sucks to play with.

ME1 - Good RPG

ME2- Dumbed down RPG to help the casuals

ME3- Gears of War clone.

Fvck you EA

Why? GoW is an amazing trilogy. Whats wrong with that? I hear you with the rpg part but as much.as i hate the fact that EA have more or less taken over ALL of gaming it seems, they do a ****ing good job of doing so!

Why? GoW is an amazing trilogy. Whats wrong with that? I hear you with the rpg part but as much.as i hate the fact that EA have more or less taken over ALL of gaming it seems, they do a fûcking good job of doing so!

I never said Gears of War was bad.

I never said Gears of War was bad.

What are you saying though? That ME3 is as good as one of the best games to be released on a console? and **** you EA for making a great game so i have **** all to whinge about really? Come on, ME2 was more shooter than RPG so you knew the way it was heading, and you knew what was gonna happen. I havent bought the game yet but the reviews i have read have averaged 9.5 so it cant be that bad.

L_i_b, how do you get to play all these games during the week? You must be at 6, 7 simultaneously surely...

I wasn't really a fan of the series and never really got into it - until the end of last year, when I went for Mass Effect 2.

And it definitely lived up to the hype. I'm normally not keen on FPS, but this game has it all. Action, suspense, a great script, great characters.

The intro of ME 2 blew me away.

I do hope the third and last part does just the same... and then some.

The demo looked more than promising, but there seem to be more movie-like cut scenes than before (I might be mistaken, though).

All I've got to do now is start from scratch with part one (which I don't have yet), then do a proper ME marathon.

Btw, I just ordered my copy of ME 3 via Amazon. lol

lol Not that many MC!

I only have three on the go. Dark Souls, FFXIII-2 and now this. The repetitiveness that was Skyrim, has been traded in. That could have been four, but it was getting tedious.

ME1 - Good RPG

ME2- Dumbed down RPG to help the casuals

ME3- Gears of War clone.

Fvck you EA

ME1 was a good game, but ME2 was such an improvement on this. The combat in ME1 was its weakest area, and the fact that landing on planets which came across as the same maps/areas wherever you were. In ME2 every planet had its own distinctive feel, and the combat was far more fluid. Just because you could take cover and shoot from distance does not make this a GoW clone. Anyhow, if you choose a different class other than soldier, it's nothing like.

Now ME3 is more of the same - which to me is fine, because it's nigh on impossible to improve perfection anyway. The only change so far, two hours in, is that the scanning of planets has been replaced by something far less tedious and time consuming - which again is fine to me, because that's the only thing wrong with ME2 imo. It's still an RPG, in fact it's many things, and it's also a GoW clone if you cover and shoot and don't vary your gamestyle. It depends what you want out of it.

One thing is for sure. It'll warrant multiple playthroughs because it is that good. I've imported my character stats from ME2 into this and will go through again from scratch with someone else I'm sure. Dead Space 2 was that good I went through it 4 times. For me that's a record, but I'm sure there's more hardcore gamers out there that have managed it twice as many times as me - some who will sit and play Skyrim as every single race going on the face of the planet. Good for them. Each to their own.

As for ME3, everyone who has experienced the first two must, and will, get this. I will post a review up after a few days.

For me, Mass Effect is the greatest series of games ever made.

I am playing through with my soldier from the very first game and the diversity is just outstanding. All my crew survived from ME2 too which is a bonus. I will play this game through at least a couple more times to try out biotic / engineer powers and being a good guy (paragon).

My character is such a renegade that he has developed red eyes like the devil and horrendous scars all over his face. :cool:

Loving every minute of it so far. Also loving a bit of Liara too (well, my character is anyway).

I think I may have just killed all the Quarians...

Ooops :/

Just a little word of warning, if you got Tali exiled in ME2, your gonna have a really hard decision on your hands near the end of the game, which is completely unavoidable. DAMN YOU BIOWARE!

Looks awful game, I will stick to call of duty black ops (mw3 is shocking) and FIFA 12 thanks

lol

You must be running a Samsung TV. Enough said. :P

In all seriousness, if you think it looks awful, errr..., I'm lost for words!

I think I may have just killed all the Quarians...

Ooops :/

Just a little word of warning, if you got Tali exiled in ME2, your gonna have a really hard decision on your hands near the end of the game, which is completely unavoidable. DAMN YOU BIOWARE!

Me and Tali got it on in ME2, so there's no trouble there! lol

Me and Tali got it on in ME2, so there's no trouble there! lol

All i'm saying mate, is watch what your pressing when you get the decision to keep the Geth alive near the end. Not giving too much away, but I wasnt paying attention to the cutscene properly,

and i've ended up killing off two of my favorite characters! :o

I have not played ME or ME2. Is ME3 worth my time?

Just bought this going to blast it out tonight... looks good from what I have seen so far hopefully won't be let down...

Do I need to have played the other 2 to catch up on the story? or would a Youtube summary of 1 & 2 do the job?

I haven't played ME 3 yet, only Part Two and I've never touched the first one.

I'd say each of the three games holds up well in its own regard, but to really immerse into the universe and to comprehend the characters and their background, start from the very beginning or at least indulge in ME 2.

If you've played the first or second part, you can also re-import your very own Commander Shephard (male, female, black, white, whatever) into ME 3 and start with your own customized version.

Some of the storylines also go in different directions depending on your previous decisions in ME 1 and ME 2.

Archived