Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Mass Effect 3

Definitely best to play through all the games in order so you can continue with the same character and also understand the story.

That being said, i still think it would be great if you haven't played the first two.

Some really annoying little bugs though with the citadel missions (where you have to collect things and return them to people). The lack of an inventory and failure for the mission screen to update when you have collected something.

Definitely best to play through all the games in order so you can continue with the same character and also understand the story.

That being said, i still think it would be great if you haven't played the first two.

Some really annoying little bugs though with the citadel missions (where you have to collect things and return them to people). The lack of an inventory and failure for the mission screen to update when you have collected something.

There are a number of niggles with it tbh side quests and cut scene jumping all of which show Bioware should really havev taken another 6-8 weeks tidying things up and god knows why they didn't it's not like their are any other really big titles they need to compete with at this time of year.

Still a great game though, they story is top notch and the combat has improved thanks to enemy AI not being completley thick. Quality so far.

Been watching my flatmate play this a lot. What struck us both is how ****ing ugly it is. He's having fun enough with the gameplay but, whilst I'm not a shallow gamer, I can't get over how awful the graphics are.

Just feels cheap.

Been watching my flatmate play this a lot. What struck us both is how ****ing ugly it is. He's having fun enough with the gameplay but, whilst I'm not a shallow gamer, I can't get over how awful the graphics are.

Just feels cheap.

As cheap as the ones in Pt.II?

I can live with that.

Ok this controversy regarding the ending will have to wait a while longer for me!

I haven't had chance to blast through it since last week - too busy.

From what I've read though, it stinks of Knights of the Old Republic 2. Rushed at the end, deadlines to meet and a franchise that was ruined by an ill-thought out ending.

What goes around comes around. lol

There's a petition going 'round to force EA/BioWare to re-think the ending and come up with a solution, be it DLC or whatnot:

http://www.change.or...tes-of-the-game

Hold on......

Aren't there a variety of different endings, and to get the best one you literally have to get 100% of your decisions correct or make up for any incorrect ones by playing the Multiplayer to increase your military force??

Forgive me if I am wrong I am also not at the end yet.

Hold on......

Aren't there a variety of different endings, and to get the best one you literally have to get 100% of your decisions correct or make up for any incorrect ones by playing the Multiplayer to increase your military force??

Forgive me if I am wrong I am also not at the end yet.

Sadly, you're wrong. They lied.

They do indirectly, but can be made up for in other ways.

You say that, but none of the choices you make in the previous game make any difference to the ending whatsoever. The last part of the game gives you three choices, Bad ending, Medium ending or Good ending. Thats why fans are so annoyed, they were promised endings that were wildly different depending on choices you'd made in the previous games. What we got was a "Pick your ending from a choice of three"

Best series of video games ever made in my opinion.

But for those upset about the ending. Check out the indoctrination theory on YouTube. If this is the ending Bioware genuinely intended, then it could be one of the greatest twists of all time. Be very interested to see what they do next in the face of the criticism they have received since its release.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things have annoyed me so far...

One - an unintended romance with Liara. I wanted to pick up with Tali from ME2, but Liara came on too strong and Tali backed down once she knew what had happened...! lol

Two - "the choice" on Rannock. That just sucked. Suffice to say, without spoiling it, I won't be romancing Tali at all after that... lol

Sometimes life just isn't fair...

Not me.

I have a second annoyance with this game. It would appear that one of my missions is glitched. The one for Aria on the Citadel is not allowing me to speak to the guy in the C-Sec office in the Presidium Commons.

It's a shame because I have done everything else there is to do, the green bar on the war screen is at maximum and I'm just about to start the mission to take on the Illusive Man.

Finished this and am totally underwhelmed with it.

Awful ending and everything leading up to it from the point where the final stand was made with the rocket launchers. Up until then, one of the greatest gaming experiences.

How is it possible to go from something which is absolutely brilliant to something totally crap within a couple of minutes?

How is it possible to go from something which is absolutely brilliant to something totally crap within a couple of minutes?

Think its got something to do with them completely going back on this being the last game in the series, and therefore had to completly fudge the ending at the last minute.

Think its got something to do with them completely going back on this being the last game in the series, and therefore had to completly fudge the ending at the last minute.

Eh?

The ending I got would be quite difficult to make a sequel off the back of.

I am actually going to stand up for Bioware and say they should be able to end their game however way they want. I remember reading Stephen Kings the Dark Tower series, over 2,500 pages across seven books and several years. (If your reading said series of books or intend to read them don't read on as I am about to ruin it) and the ending see's the protagonist find the Tower he has been journeying towards for years, and all it does is transport him back to the start of his journey, the last two lines of the last book are exactly the same as the first two lines of the first book. In my eyes that is the worst ending to any story I have ever witnessed but that’s how he wanted to end it, and it's his book, he even spent a paragraph warning readers, explaining that he knew it was toss, that it would upset a lot of people, and told them to stop reading after the guy entered the tower if they wanted a happy ending. Books seem to be immune from this ending scrutiny unlike media such as films and games, probably as they are there to please the masses and the masses unfortunately aren't very intelligent, and don't like endings to be left open as heaven forbid that would involve actually thinking for yourself. I have always hated the end of Blade Runner despite it being one of my favourite films as I think had it been left in it's original form with the film ending with the elevator doors closing instead of tagging that stupid country side driving scene on the end because the mass audience wanted a happy ending, it would of been much more suiting.

Back on subject despite all of the above I don't see what is that wrong with the ending I got, without spoiling it you get a decent explanation to who the Reapers are, the war ended and I was hardly surprised to see what happened to Shepherd, Mass Relay thing was a bit of a surprise, but I don't see what else you want from it? I think a lot of the ending bashing is just the fans being upset that the whole thing is over.

Anyway you’re all going to get what you want, as apparently Bioware have given in to the whinging and are doing some Free DLC altering the ending and making it longer and giving more “explanations” god knows what they are though, due out this summer. May as well let the fans write the game themselves.

Eh?

The ending I got would be quite difficult to make a sequel off the back of.

I am actually going to stand up for Bioware and say they should be able to end their game however way they want. I remember reading Stephen Kings the Dark Tower series, over 2,500 pages across seven books and several years. (If your reading said series of books or intend to read them don't read on as I am about to ruin it) and the ending see's the protagonist find the Tower he has been journeying towards for years, and all it does is transport him back to the start of his journey, the last two lines of the last book are exactly the same as the first two lines of the first book. In my eyes that is the worst ending to any story I have ever witnessed but that’s how he wanted to end it, and it's his book, he even spent a paragraph warning readers, explaining that he knew it was toss, that it would upset a lot of people, and told them to stop reading after the guy entered the tower if they wanted a happy ending. Books seem to be immune from this ending scrutiny unlike media such as films and games, probably as they are there to please the masses and the masses unfortunately aren't very intelligent, and don't like endings to be left open as heaven forbid that would involve actually thinking for yourself. I have always hated the end of Blade Runner despite it being one of my favourite films as I think had it been left in it's original form with the film ending with the elevator doors closing instead of tagging that stupid country side driving scene on the end because the mass audience wanted a happy ending, it would of been much more suiting.

Back on subject despite all of the above I don't see what is that wrong with the ending I got, without spoiling it you get a decent explanation to who the Reapers are, the war ended and I was hardly surprised to see what happened to Shepherd, Mass Relay thing was a bit of a surprise, but I don't see what else you want from it? I think a lot of the ending bashing is just the fans being upset that the whole thing is over.

Anyway you’re all going to get what you want, as apparently Bioware have given in to the whinging and are doing some Free DLC altering the ending and making it longer and giving more “explanations” god knows what they are though, due out this summer. May as well let the fans write the game themselves.

I take it you didnt get the ending where Shepard wakes up at the end then?

Archived