Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Mass Effect 3

I take it you didnt get the ending where Shepard wakes up at the end then?

Er no, he carked it.

EDIT: Apparently the Mass Relays get destroyed whatever so a sequal would still be difficult, and where did you hear they were making another as I haven't herd that.

What i dont get is the Mass Relays got destroyed, so does that leave the massive army you used in the final mission just orbiting over Earth with no where to go?

So they will probably just raid Earth for all its worth and destroy the planet anyway.

What i dont get is the Mass Relays got destroyed, so does that leave the massive army you used in the final mission just orbiting over Earth with no where to go?

So they will probably just raid Earth for all its worth and destroy the planet anyway.

This is one of many plot holes.

Another one involves the Normandy which, according to the cutscene, left Earth, left Shephard and his squad, and beat the mass relay explosions before conveniently landing on a planet with Shephard's squad members alive and well. Minus Shephard of course.

Now Bioware have left themselves with a massive task here. Either that or it's a total masterstroke and they delibrately intended on setting out to **** everyone off, only to come out with something else which nobody saw coming.

Enter the indoctrination theory as someone else has set about explaining in an earlier thread. Believe it or not, it is convincing based on what we've had in that ending. Now either that's a brilliant co-incidence or it is an elaborate attempt to cover up what is a total mess of an ending.

I guess the DLC this summer will go a long way to deciding the truth of that.

My biggest criticism though isn't with the ending itself - more the way it was put together. Everything up to the point with the 6 brutes was fantastic and then it's like playing a totally different game. Within game you are lead to believe you will land on the Citadel and use it to fire the Catalyst. I was expecting some huge last stand from the Reapers on the Citadel and all we get is a Marauder who fires a BB gun next to the ray of light? Would the Reapers seriously leave the Citadel unprotected? It's terrible game design - and it's off the back of two of the greatest games made on current gen. It just doesn't make sense.

They've already said the mass relays were rebuilt after they were destroyed in the final scene, that ones actually officially come from bioware.

Anybody expecting the ending to be any better after the DLC is released is going to be disapointed imo. Your still just going to have to pick from 3 endings, because they've said the additions to the ending will be cinematics only, no extra gameplay whatsoever.

This guy does a decent job of explaining whats up

Archived