Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Is it on any regular channels or just dodgy streams?

Every game is being streamed on YouTube as they don't have an official TV sponsor

Argentina look strong and you can never discount Brazil in these tournaments, hopefully they'll be some good football played

Edited by zak_lcfc

Looking forward to the Copa on Thursday, always been one of my favourite football tournaments to watch.

Four real top class sides in South America these days with Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia.

Not if they perform like they did in the world cup! I know they progressed far but they were far from convincing. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33028189

I know we would hardly class Scottish football as world football but I can't find any more appropriate thread to put this in. I can see the benefits through savings but I am not sure if the switch to summer season is going to attract significantly more fans? 

Edited by The Blur

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33028189

I know we would hardly class Scottish football as world football but I can't find any more appropriate thread to put this in. I can see the benefits through savings but I am not sure if the switch to summer season is going to attract significantly more fans?

They have a summer in Scotland??

Can't see this posted anywhere else.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/06/10/barcelona-lionel-messi-tax-evasion-charges?xid=si_social

The Barcelona Provincial High Court in Spain rejected an appeal filed by the lawyers of Barcelona forward Lionel Messi to drop tax fraud charges against him, reports El País.

Messi could face a fine of up to €24 million ($31.274 million) and up to five years in prison if found guilty of the charges.

The court said they believed there is evidence to support claims that Messi knowingly benefited from the creation of companies by his father in several countries which allowed him to skip out on payments of €4.1 million ($5.5 million) to the Spanish Tax Agency between 2007 and 2009.

The court ruled that they will decide during a hearing whether Messi had knowledge of the fraud scheme, meaning that he and his father will remain under investigation for three counts of tax fraud.

Messi has denied any wrongdoing, saying in June 2013 when the charges were announced, “We have always fulfilled all our tax obligations, following the advices of our tax consultants who will take care of clarifying this situation.”

Messi's father did pay $6.6 million to cover unpaid taxes plus interest last August, but the charges were not dropped despite two subsequent appeals. 

His lawyers have attempted to have Messi removed from the case, but one judge responded by saying that for this type of crime, it wasn’t necessary for someone to have knowledge of all business practices, but “it is sufficient to be aware of the designs to commit fraud and consent to them.”

They beat a massively weakened Germany side in an end of season friendly. Calm down, eh?

Wouldn't say massively weakened, had Gundagon, Schweinsteiger, Gotze & Ozil all starting.

USA finished with a University player & a Bundesliga Division 2 player up front.

Wouldn't say massively weakened, had Gundagon, Schweinsteiger, Gotze & Ozil all starting.

USA finished with a University player & a Bundesliga Division 2 player up front.

Rudy, Rudiger, Hermann (debutant).

No Reus, Muller, Neuer, Hummels, Kroos.

It was a massively weakened side, the USA are on a massive upwards trajectory though.

Didn't they beat them last year too? Aren't they actually always boss at friendlies? Didn't they beat Spain when they were world champions too?

Same thing last year, largely second string German side. Ter Stegen involved in a silly own goal?

Rudy, Rudiger, Hermann (debutant).

No Reus, Muller, Neuer, Hummels, Kroos.

It was a massively weakened side, the USA are on a massive upwards trajectory though.

Likewise the US played what many would consider a second string team. No Altidore, Dempsey, Cameron, Besler or Jermaine Jones. 

A lot of these players like bobby wood (who scored both game winning goals) are fighting for a spot on the roster for the CONCACAF gold cup in July.

Bobby Wood didn't even make it into the Gold Cup preliminary 35-man squad. Since he's had a few injuries, I don't think Klinsi wants to over-work him (especially since he'll probably need to stay healthy in order to find a new club), but he was always going to be on the periphery of the squad, anyway.

USA fans ought to be encouraged after a great week (actually, it was a superb week all throughout our program). These two friendly results won't mean that much if we trip up at the Gold Cup, though, but we have got to believe we're the favorites over Mexico and CR.

Klinsi's plan is starting to come good. He's bled a lot of new and young players into the MNT set up and we have much better depth as a result (although we'll have to be a little more patient when it comes to RB and LB).

Same thing last year, largely second string German side. Ter Stegen involved in a silly own goal?

hipster-football.jpg?w=300&h=172

lol oh look the resident septic getting sand in his vagina again.

Yeah, but only because I'm celebrating yesterday's Real World Cup championship win at a party on the beach.
  • Like 1