Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Question is whether Sousa is a better manager than Pearson.

I'd think Sousa, but only just.

Pearson is more adaptable. He can play expansive attacking football, but also grind out wins. His teams score plenty but are also generally solid, proven by his record of his teams rarely getting battered. Sousa you could argue plays more attractive football, but I just wonder if when the chips are down if he can grind out results. I understand what he tried to do at City, but he struggled to adapt his style to the players available, or struggle to realise those players wouldn't adapt to his style.

I wouldn't have Sousa over Pearson in hindsight and that's despite what he's gone on to do. I'd fancy Pearson to win the Swiss league with Basel any day.

I get that Sousa had a huge transition to make but that shouldn't cloud some of the absolute crap that he produced here. We lost 6-1 to a team that hadn't won a game in six months. SIX ONE. He took a side that was in the play-offs to relegation candidates and that, regardless of transition, is unacceptable. HE THOUGHT MICHAEL LAMEY COULD PLAY FOOTBALL. HE SPENT THREE MILLION ON MARTYN WAGHORN

The criticism of Sousa is extremely unjustified in my opinion.

His biggest mistake was trying to change too much too soon with limited footballers.

If anything it shows just how good a job Pearson did in getting that much out of average players the previous season. 

We also had fitness issues, we were struggling after 70 minutes of matches. Sousa was just completely the wrong appointment, Pearson has shown he was capable of adapting and changing to a more attractive style of football.

The criticism of Sousa is extremely unjustified in my opinion.

His biggest mistake was trying to change too much too soon with limited footballers.

If anything it shows just how good a job Pearson did in getting that much out of average players the previous season. 

I can accept taking a step back to improve - that wasn't a step back, that was catastrophic. We were heading straight back to League One.

Unless I'm getting mixed up, I feel like there's always something going on with Parma...

In happier Italian news (for me, anyway), The Sporting News and the NY Daily News are reporting that Andrea Pirlo has agreed to join NYCFC this season, and will be unveiled as the club's newest signing on Friday.

Unless I'm getting mixed up, I feel like there's always something going on with Parma...

In happier Italian news (for me, anyway), The Sporting News and the NY Daily News are reporting that Andrea Pirlo has agreed to join NYCFC this season, and will be unveiled as the club's newest signing on Friday.

Yeah they've stumbled from one financial mess to another since the Parmalat scandal.

In more normal Italian news, the president/CEO and Director of Catania have all been arrested for "sporting fraud".

Didn't realise Catania signed Caulker.

Because they have signed a fraud of a player!

• Like 1

Inter are going nuts, Imbula, Kondogbia, Murillo, Montoya and Miranda. Probably going to have to sell one of Kovacic, Icardi or Shaqiri though.

I think Kovacic is on the way out.

Kondogbia is a seriously good signing (if a little pricey). About time they got their act together though.