Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

So one of the newer nations have been asking FIFA for help after conceding 114 goals in just 3 games in the Pacific games. Micronesia a group of Pacific Islands have lost all 3 games. The first was a 30-0 loss, the second a 38-0 loss to Fiji and their 3rd defeat to Vanuatu they got beat 46-0 how a team manages to score a goal every 2 minutes must really take some beating.

If you're getting spanked like this every week, you need to asses the tactics. Football obviously isn't their game as those scores are bloody awful!!

We all have to start somewhere. I can't remember the name but recently there was a team that had lost every game they had played over 5 years (I'm pretty sure it was 5) they finally won a game and actually now competing at a low level.

If football isn't big there and it's all a hit new to them then fair play to them for having a crack. Keep up the hard work and the results will eventually come. Haha.

We all have to start somewhere. I can't remember the name but recently there was a team that had lost every game they had played over 5 years (I'm pretty sure it was 5) they finally won a game and actually now competing at a low level.

If football isn't big there and it's all a hit new to them then fair play to them for having a crack. Keep up the hard work and the results will eventually come. Haha.

American Samoa? Wasn't there a documentary on it? If I remember correctly they had a Fa'afafine (mixed gender) playing which made him the first transsexual to play professional football. Good story tbf.

Or it might have been Bhutan, they did something similar not too long ago.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

What a premiere:

German club 1. FC Magdeburg, who've recently been promoted to the 3. Liga, the country's third tier, have issued a statement that they're willing to lose forfeit in case their hooligans start rioting during a game.

Sporting manager Mario Kallnik: "In this case, we'll gather the team, head for the cabins and stay there until the referee has declared a forfeit loss on our behalf".

• 2 weeks later...

Emmanuel Frimpong sent off for reacting to monkey chants in Russia.

I know the laws of the game are the laws of the game, and what Frimpong did is a red card. But I have no problem with what he did, at all. And it's a disgrace how he'll get a ban, but it's likely that nothing will happen to the Spartak fans. It's sad that players get held to one standard of behavior, yet fans are allowed to act like pieces of shit.

He was once so good, even Lionel Messi looked up to him and Maradona had nothing but praise for the lad.

But now, Argentinian midfield wizard Pablo Aimar has officially retired at the age of 35 due to health reasons:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/16/pablo-aimar-next-diego-maradona-argentina-retired-age-35-valencia

Little Pabs was an absolute maestro.

That Valencia side of 2005(?) was insane, an absolute joy to watch with Canizares, Ayala, Marchena, Albelda, Baraja, Aima, Rufete, Vicente, Mista, just to name a few.

Aimar was a brilliant player.

I used to love the Argentine league, right when Aimar left for Valencia, the league was full of crazy talent. Aimar with River vs Riquelme at Boca back in Argentina was as good as any of their match ups in Spain.

Alcides Ghiggia, the only surviving member of both the 1950 Brazil and Uruguay squad that participated in the World Cup final, has died of a heart attack at age 88:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/17/alcides-ghiggia-uruguay-maracanazo-dies-88

He scored the winner in Uruguay's 2-1 win over their big and fierce rivals from the North and assisted on the other Uruguay goal, as well:

Edited by MC Prussian

Septics lose their own tournament to Jamaica lol

No doubt they'll love watching Mexico win it in their own back yard.

I thought they were world beaters after conquering Germany in a highly significant recent game?

See, that's the problem--we weren't playing Germany.

I thought they were world beaters after conquering Germany in a highly significant recent game?

Soccer is a cruel mistress, we dominated 80 minutes of the game and lose 2-1. Hopefully the season starting soon will wash out this bad taste I have in my mouth from last night's game. 

Wales are in Pot 1 for the World Cup 2018 qualifiying group draw on Saturday. Finners clearly hooked on St. Petersburg speed - and this is what such addiction can lead to.

Edited by MC Prussian