Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Lazio play Leverkusen today in the Champions League qualifier - to see who gets to play in the UCL group stage.

I love it when there's a reason to support a random team in an otherwise meaningless game. 

Come on Lazio, make Mr Aranguiz cry (yes, I'm petty).

Thought I'd compile a quick update on Anthony, who's got off to an absolute flyer at Standard Liege. 

In the Belgian league so far, Standard has played four games (2wins 1draw 1loss) and sit seventh in the table. Anthony's been involved four of the club's five league goals. In the Europa League, he's scored one of the club's three goals.

The media have taken note too, with lots of positive coverage. 

Here's a list of Standard's games so far.

1. Kortrijk - Standard 2-1

Knockaert 1 goal

(Played 90 minutes)

2. Standard - Zeljecnicar 2-1 (Europa League)

Knockaert 1 goal
(Played 85 minutes)

3. Standard - Zulte-Waregem 2-1

Knockaert 1 assist

(Played 71 minutes)

4. Zeljecnicar - Standard Liege 0-1 (Europa League)

Played 90 minutes

5. Standard - Waaslan-Beveren 1-0

Knockaert 1 assist

(Played 90 minutes)

6. Mouscron-Peruwelz - Standard 1-1

Knockaert 1 goal

(Played 90 minutes)

7. Molde - Standard 2-0 (Europa League)

(Played 90 minutes)

Chuffed that he's doing well! 

Glad to hear it. I actually think he'd be well worth a place on our bench even now. We've not replaced him and consequently have no depth on the wing.

Agreed. I was very disappointed he left. He had the potential to improve and grow into the Premiership as DD and King have. A tireless worker worth more than a couple of match winning moments a season, shame he's not still here.

England. Guillem lives in Hitchin and often bump into him on the train into London.

Cheers, I was trying to work out if they flew Abdo out or if she lived in Spain, or alternatively they all lived in England

I love the La Liga studio! 

I've only recently got sky sports and I've enjoyed the spanish coverage, journalists usually give more of an insight that the ex pros like Quinn and Redknapp

Yesterday, 1. FC Union Berlin maintained a self-imposed complete period of silence for their first 15 minutes at home against RB Leipzig, which they consider to be a "fake" and improper football club (just like RB Salzburg).

This was then followed by a couple of banners aimed at Red Bull:

15_08_28vsrbleipzig17.jpg

The banners read:

"Allow creative space"

"Communication on an eye-to-eye level"

"The highest fan asset is participation"

"Freedom of publication"

"Fans in club committees"

"Stadium sharing"

"Fan and member bodies"

"Intentional co-determination"

Edited by MC Prussian