Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

That last goal is obscene. Enjoying this from the BBC

Lewandowski scored more league goals in nine minutes than...

- Liverpool, Newcastle and West Brom have this season

- Six of Bayern's Bundesliga rivals have managed

- Anyone in the bottom half of La Liga

- Seven Serie A sides (league leaders Inter have only matched his nine-minute haul)

- Wayne Rooney has in 2015

- Mario Balotelli did in his season at Liverpool

- Nicklas Bendtner has in over three years

• Like 1

I love how obvious it is that Lewandowski got a touch of Midas- just look at his third goal for an example, all rebounds fell to him and it still went in somewhere.  I do not think football would ever see a perfect and aesthetically pleasing yet luckiest 5 goals haul again. 

Edited by The Blur

I love how obvious it is that Lewandowski got a touch of Midas- just look at his third goal for an example, all rebounds fell to him and it still went in somewhere.  I do not think football would ever see a perfect and aesthetically pleasing yet luckiest 5 goals haul again. 

Whacks it top bin on the bycicle kick...

The Blue - "luck".

I've never seen anything quite like that. I had Bayern to win on a bet and was getting goal updates, I thought that I'd just lost connection and that there was a load coming through at once, until my mate showed me a screenshot. One player bagging 5 goals in 9 minutes against Champions League level opposition? That's simply incredible.

Whacks it top bin on the bycicle kick...

The Blue - "luck".

lol

I think I have worded it bit badly, I meant luck as in that everything went right for him on the day, rebounds, perfect crosses and perfect technique for his two volleys. Normally, it will be extraordinary for a top class player to nail a perfect volley in a match but twice within couple of minutes. 

Obviously, he has skill and technique to pull it off but even top players mess up their volleys etc as it can be tricky to pull off.  You get episodes where you were in a zone and everything came off for you and you just feel lucky and invincible.  That is what I was referring to.  Do that make sense? 

Edited by The Blur

lol

I think I have worded it bit badly, I meant luck as in that everything went right for him on the day, rebounds, perfect crosses and perfect technique for his two volleys. Normally, it will be extraordinary for a top class player to nail a perfect volley in a match but twice within couple of minutes. 

Obviously, he has skill and technique to pull it off but even top players mess up their volleys etc as it can be tricky to pull off.  You get episodes where you were in a zone and everything came off for you and you just feel lucky and invincible.  That is what I was referring to.  Do that make sense? 

I knew what you meant in the first place, I was only pulling your leg :D